Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my transfer case out put seal has started leakin recently. i finally got the seal and im thinkin about doin it today. can anyone give me some directions on replaceing the seal? i searched but couldnt find anything.
im assuming just drain the t case, replace the seal and refill the t case. correct?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I believe so. Might wanna take the drive shaft out... Lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe so. Might wanna take the drive shaft out... Lol

well yeah obviously haha

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I was just messin with ya. Just make sure to find a pipe or socket that fits good on outside of seal when u tap it in.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you don't have a socket big enough go to our local parts store and get a exhaust pipe reducer. Only a couple of bucks and you'd be surprised on how many times you may use it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
my transfer case out put seal has started leakin recently. i finally got the seal and im thinkin about doin it today. can anyone give me some directions on replaceing the seal? i searched but couldnt find anything.
im assuming just drain the t case, replace the seal and refill the t case. correct?
Have you already fixed the pum rub? If not, now would be a good time to just drop the t-case and knock out two birds with one stone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts