Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, after reading for hours on here through the search tab most of the problems are at idle.. my truck runs and idles fine till you get to 45 then it starts surging, if you press on the throttle it starts to shake till you get to 60 then goes away. The dealer said it was the fuel filter so they change it. well today it was worse then ever I turned around and took it back to them as soon as they opened. I just bought this truck last week and they told me they would take care of the problem. I know they didn't make much money off of it and they aren't going to want to spend much money on it. If I can get a idea of what it is I'm sure i can do the labor part. It almost seems like it's going to slow to be in overdirve...like it's wanting to chuge along. kinda like being in 3rd gear when you needed to down shift and didn't. any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
what do you mean surge? i've never never heard this problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happens when I am just driving along going through town steady speed when i get to 45mph it starts to cut out, kinda like you need to down shift. like i'm going to slow to be in 0verdrive. My work van did something similar when my fuel pump started to go out. I can't tell if it's the trans or fuel related? when it surges it's like the then motor runs fine then hesitates..runs fine hestiates..then when i try to speed up to get out of that speed range it starts to shake till i'm over 60...so is it starving for fuel, like the fuel pressure regulator is going bad? I have 184,000 miles on it. it ran great for 2 days after they put the new fuel filter on.. he said they put some trans fluid in the filter to clean out any bacteria...I don't know what he was talking about..I never heard of that before!! Is that ok? sounded like BS to me..

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
Does it only do it when you are going 45?? Or is the problem noticeable at take off under light throttle. I do not see there being algae in the filter unless the previous owner ran it on biodiesel.You could always try to change the filter again just incase there is trash in the tank causing the hesitation. Being an 05 you may also check the FPRV I have heard of those going south on the llys and causing problems as well. They make a shim kit that is relativley easy to install.There are also some write ups on a injector harness rubbing on site here. Search for it and see if maybe that is a problem as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only around 45 ...starts off great. and runs good up to that point.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well they told me today they are going to run a flash on my ECM ans that it could be my EGR...because it's not throwing any codes...basically they don't know what it is..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They told me today that this morning while it was cold it was doing it at any speed..they think it is the EGR..could that cause a stutter in the motor? I'm thinking maybe the fuel presure reg...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, the dealer called today to tell me that the #2 injector wire had a spot rubed in it. could that cause this type of problem? we'll see if it fixes it. I sure hope so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.