Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys heres the deal. i need to just shut my EGR off for now. i was on a site that had a tune library and found some tunes for the LLY. to tune my truck with that tune does it only have to be for a 2005 or will a 2004 and 2006 lly tune work? also tuning a TCM for a stck tranny. will this help anything with some power increase until i can install my suncoast kit?

thank you
Mike

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
need to stay with same operating system preferably, as far as egr just go in your tables and shut it off. Be careful of tunes you know nothing about , i would hate to hear you lost your motor because of some poor tuning

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea. i was scared of that. so the operation number needs to be the same to tune my truck as if i were to use someone elses tune? sorry for al the questions i am very new to this system

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
its eaiser that way or you can do a full reflash, or you can run a script if you have the stock tune to what tune your are trying to run and then run that script into your stock os tune file and there you have it

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok when trying to turn off th EGR i went into the engine operations and then EGR and then hit disable... from there then what do i do

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump up to the top!!!! anyone

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I would change the EGR maximum RPM and minimum RPM so it never comes on and i cant remember but i might have shut off some codes as well. id try that and then take care of any codes that pop up.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so hitting the disable truely doesnt work... you will still have to disable codes anyways. i am very new so i am waiting for tunes to come back from the tuner so i can load them, but in the mean time my truck is in limp mode due to the damn EGR and keeps throwing a p0299 code which makes my truck run like crap

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
well i cant remember for sure if it works or not I would disable the codes that pop up in your engine diagnostics. that will take care of it.
edit Oh hang on that a turbo underboost. I have never had that one come up on me before. are there any other codes?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea the usual egr codes when its blocked off. the p0401 and i dont remember the second one

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
huh i understand the 400 codes, but the 299? that strange maybe some expert can chime in

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
If you are getting a turbo underboost code you need to check table B2225, with the other tables B2210-B2215 (Turbo Vane target position, and make sure that your vanes in the Target tables going below the Minimum... Im not sure though

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea when the egr is enabled with it blocked off it will throw the truck into a limp mode from what i am hearing

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are getting a turbo underboost code you need to check table B2225, with the other tables B2210-B2215 (Turbo Vane target position, and make sure that your vanes in the Target tables going below the Minimum... Im not sure though
so the big question is. how do i reflash the egr parameter with it being changed. do i have to run a script or just hit the reflash

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Do you know how to disable it? just go into the EGR parameters and switch it to disable and try that

edit: Whatever tune this is, I would just save it under a certain name, or save over the original depending on what tune. And then do a full flash on the truck

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok i will do that cause i saved the stock file for the truck so i can send it to tuner nick and he can make my dsp5 tunes but i want the damn check engine light gone for now and the underboost crap due to the EGR. the truck is on a complete stock tune right now

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so i got into egr parameters and change to disable and then i just hit reprogram pcm right?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
yeah try that. let us know how it goes

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes, just go under the EGR parameters, switch to disable, and flash :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts