Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to do a first post like this, but my truck is being held at a local chevy dealer, and they are gonna want me to pay for a cp3 pump replacement before I can take it to another dealer for a 2nd opinion (this dealer only has 1 diesel tech). I am going up there 1st thiing monday am. Here's the cliff notes:

First off-2006 LLY, bone stock. Was pulling away from a redlight and had a sudden loss of power with rough running, and the engine light came on. No smoke. Pulled over within 100 yards, had it towed to dealer. Dealer checked codes, states fuel pressure low at injectors. 5 days of "diagnosis" later they tell me they have eliminated all other possibilities, new injector pump needed and will cost $2700.

Crap I say, but get er dun.

3 days later truck supposed to be ready, service writer says tech "broke" several connections on my wiring harness so he needs 1 more day to fix all the grounds and cancel the codes.

Crap I say, but get er dun. Took him 2 more days.

Well today I get the call service guy says she's ready to pick up. Oh yeah, and there is a knock sound coming from one side of the engine. Knock? I ask, and he says yeah we don't know what it is, when the fuel pump went bad it may have broke something internally. Maybe it will last a year, maybe 3 years.

Shit I say-and head straight down to the dealer.

So I show up, and he's got my ticket and keys ready for me to pay, and I ask to go and hear this little "knock". We proceed out back and they somehow converted my Duramax into a 1982 harley fugging davidson. As soon as it turned over the truck violently shakes and sounds like it is about to conk out. The service writer says "everything checks out the fuel system is perfect, she doesn't throw a single code". I asked if the injectors balance and he says "perfectly" but does not have the results. Its Friday so everyone has left early. He says the tech drove it "all over" and it has plenty of power, and should get me around just fine. I say what the **** do you really expect me to drive this thing off the lot?

SO, they now want me to authorize them another "diagnosis" and allow them to take apart my motor to try and see whats wrong. I have been skeptical of the tech's experience since learning he tore up my wiring harness and took 2 days to splice it back together. I am also not convinced that the cp3 pump failure could cause INTERNAL damage to a duramax. I did not pay, I left the truck there and will be going back monday am. I am thinking I need to have it towed to another dealer for a 2nd opinion. Anyone have a clue what may have caused this? Bad wiring to the injectors? All this at the Chevy dealer:help

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far I have called the 800 GM number and they are supposed to have a rep call me back monday. I am suspicious they fixed the wrong item here or missed something. They claim to hear a "knocking" inside and the tech suspects a "broken rocker arm". Sorry my knowledge is limited on internal matters but I have a lot of friends with these trucks that have had fuel system/injector issues and have never heard of a loss of fuel breaking something inside of a frigging Duramax.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
milage is about 160k. I am unsure how far he drove it, I refused to drive it and see how it ran. No smoke at idle, just some god-forsaken shaking and it idles like it is "missing". I am in NE FL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts