Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at used 2500 duramaxs for a while and found an '01 w/6 speed manual tranny. It has 54k miles and its in very good shape inside and out. I can get it for 20995. Does this sound good? I believe the bluebook excellent rating is about 22500. It has an edge programmer installed, box on the back, bed rug, and electric brake controller (original owner must have pulled a trailer).

What is the factory hp and torque rating fro this truck?

Any suggestions or comments?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
The price seems a bit high, but really it all depends on how much there selling for in your area? The only thing i would be cautious of is it has a 6 speed in it with a edge box on it the flywheel is probally damaged or will be shortly! The stock POS dual mass flywheel cant handle stock power lot alone added power! My stock flywheel only livied 14,000 miles with it being chiped 10k of that but ones you fix it with a good solid flywheel setup it is the greatest truck ever!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
05_LLY

A Duramax or any diesel for that matter commnads a high price here in the KC area. I found out that the truck also has a 5" stainless exaust from turbo back and a CIA (not sure which one).

What would it take (cost) to beef up the tranny so that it can take the added torque ... I do not plan to run the edge past level 3, probably stay in level 2 for light towing.

Steven

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Stock it will take level 2 or 3 depending on youre driving, but i dont think i have ever seen a stock flywheel make it 100,000 miles even on stock power levels!

A good towing clutch/flywheel setup will run about $900, from South bend clutch. You will find cheaper setups that dont replace the flywheel but the clutch its self is not the problem its the dual mass flywheel!

One good point is that the stock flywheel is covered under the 100k engine warrenty!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.