Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
The price seems a bit high, but really it all depends on how much there selling for in your area? The only thing i would be cautious of is it has a 6 speed in it with a edge box on it the flywheel is probally damaged or will be shortly! The stock POS dual mass flywheel cant handle stock power lot alone added power! My stock flywheel only livied 14,000 miles with it being chiped 10k of that but ones you fix it with a good solid flywheel setup it is the greatest truck ever!!!!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Stock it will take level 2 or 3 depending on youre driving, but i dont think i have ever seen a stock flywheel make it 100,000 miles even on stock power levels!

A good towing clutch/flywheel setup will run about $900, from South bend clutch. You will find cheaper setups that dont replace the flywheel but the clutch its self is not the problem its the dual mass flywheel!

One good point is that the stock flywheel is covered under the 100k engine warrenty!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts