Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get some new tires on my truck because i am about due. I put just under 50k on my Cooper stt discoverer m/t and was pretty happy with them. I do a lot of towing and freeway driving in my truck. I would like to go to a tire with a little smoother ride and a little quieter ride. I am going to also drop down to a 285/65/18. I like the Nitto Terra Graps but have heard they dont last. Any suggestions on a good A/T tire that will last and ride comfortably down the road? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Ive had 2sets of pro comps and loved them both. I had the at's and loved them. Enough so that i put a set on my g-mals excursion. I also had the extreem at. I liked them too. The only thing that i didnt like about the extreem ats is they are directional. I dont care for directional tires. Both were quiet and excelent traction in snow and off road. I had around 30ish on the at's when i got rid of the truck and they were well over50% probably close to 75%. The extre i had 20ish when i traded it in the tread was more than75%.
Putting new tires on my current truck. Ill either go with the pro comp AT's or the new goodyear wrangler duratrac. My captain has them on his truck he likes them and they look good.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Had pro comp ats were nice but to soft of tire for towing just took of my dyna pro mts n loved them but where to noisy now on a pair of nitto tera grapplers and like them so far

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I talked to the tire guy yesterday. Im going with the goodyear duratrac. He said it has better wear. And more side wall protection / traction

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a set of Toyo Open Country AT2 with about 6000 hard miles on them and they still look brand new. I do a lot of towing skidloader, hay, cattle, and misc materials so far so good.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I've got hankook rf-10's and love em. they wear great, have great on and off road manners and are quiet.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have had a couple sets of Nitto Terra's I only get about 25-30k out of them towing in a hilly area and with a heavy foot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts