Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
look behind your local tire shops and get some they are throwing out and mount them on stock rims.

they wont be any worse then brand new ones you may buy unless you get slicks.
the time in my sig was cut on an old set of toyo at's i got behind a shop

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you say that, I have 3 tire shops looking for me tires right now for the past 3 weeks and either no one is buying or they are to bad to use.
My new best 2wd time 11.05...last night with a moster burn out!

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Funny you say that, I have 3 tire shops looking for me tires right now for the past 3 weeks and either no one is buying or they are to bad to use.
My new best 2wd time 11.05...last night with a moster burn out!
not true the more bald the better traction you will get....long as there is no steel coming out and they are smooth.

first thing i do when i get new old tires...
YouTube - Winning burnout etown 08 xdp diesel show n go
well maybe not quite that bad every time but you do gotta break them in
seriously when they get bald is when they hook..and if you running in 2wd you can get bigger ones on just the back... you can clear up to 35 inchers

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I cut 1.73 60's on 265 Mastercraft A/T2's with full tread.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
I cut 1.73 60's on 265 Mastercraft A/T2's with full tread.
in 4x4....i was under the impression that guy was going for 2wd but you could be right

my best 60 so far is 2.0x in 2wd..BUT i got sleeves and braces going in next week so we'll see how she does in 4x4

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My best 4x4 launch in the 60ft is 1.9. I do have sleaves but with the 305/70/17 H2 the front doesn't seem to like the boosted launches. Maybe because i had 40 psi in the front and 30 in the rear. This was only my 2nd time to the track through. Learning with out tearing things up!

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
My best 4x4 launch in the 60ft is 1.9. I do have sleaves but with the 305/70/17 H2 the front doesn't seem to like the boosted launches. Maybe because i had 40 psi in the front and 30 in the rear. This was only my 2nd time to the track through. Learning with out tearing things up!
same here...when my truck was running big tires like that 4x4 actually slowed me down a decent amount...thats why i always ran in 2wd...but since i have taken the lift off so im gonna give 4x4 another go.

also gotta remember Chris has over 500hp:rockin

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
The H2's are VERY heavy wheels compared to the pyo's. I think they will toe in no matter what, unless you have a straight centerlink. It has nothing to do with tire pressure. I always run more in the front.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much will the centerlink help? Does the factory one bend that much? Will this help the tires from towing in?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I have 275/55/16 M&H drag radials on my stock pyros. I only got one run on them so far. I cut a 1.8 my very first time ever racing and didn't have much boost at all. they hooked like crazy didn't even get a chirp out of them. They are a very soft tire 28" tall and extremely light with the stock rims

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 275/55/16 M&H drag radials on my stock pyros. I only got one run on them so far. I cut a 1.8 my very first time ever racing and didn't have much boost at all. they hooked like crazy didn't even get a chirp out of them. They are a very soft tire 28" tall and extremely light with the stock rims
did you get all four or just two for the rear?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts