Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed my cp3 and the pressure will stick at 26k. When I move or squeeze this connector with the green mark on it, the pressure levels back out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
What year truck? What is the connector going to/for?

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Looks like your regulator connector. Probably making poor connection inside the connector. Check make sure it’s not shorting on the ac bracket somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like your regulator connector. Probably making poor connection inside the connector. Check make sure it’s not shorting on the ac bracket somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'll give that a check this evening. The wires that run under the ac compressor are out of the plastic shielding that normally come wrapped around them so it could be just that

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
You can find the part number by using your vin# and going to a GM based website to do a parts lookup. GMPARTSGIANT is one that offers lookups by vin#, but there are many such sites. Some offer blowups of the part itself, some offer a blowup of all the parts in a group, i.e. anything connected to the CP3, etc.
Remember that connectors have 2 sides, male and female and you will have to pin the sires into the connector - so if your wiring is the problem a new connector will likely not help. Before parts shopping, spend some more time trying to see exactly where the problem is, rubbed thru wire, pins not firmly seated, etc as per MAM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts