Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
I've never used them but every injector I buy comes from Lincoln diesel specialties. Never had a dud or a problem with them. Give Brent a call and he can help you out. (920) 765-1615. All he sells is genuine Bosch and his pricing is very reasonable.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4 Posts
dieselogics takes in your injectors and test them and only fixes whats wrong and send them back about 5 to 8 days later and they dont save you much money. i got mine from brent at lincoln diesel they where all new remans in three days and can tell you it was top notch service at the best price!

·
Registered
57 Posts
injectors

Getting ready to order injectors. Does anyone now about Dieselogic's injectors are they any good.
I just replaced my injectors, here is what I found out, after calling and talking to the rebuilders they can not get new solenoids so all most replace is the control valves and nozzles if you are lucky, I went with injectors direct, I ordered the Bosch remans with all the updates including new solenoids, control valves and nozzles. The cost is $1695.00 and included vc gaskets and all o rings and copper washers. truck runs like new, I also installed Nicktane adaptor with Cat fuel filter 2 micron 10750#, I found a lot of debris in the injector intake line area, the factory filter was bypassing, Hopefully this helps

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am in the same boat right now. I searched for dieselogic and; boy I'm glad I found this thread. The only question I have is; what is the difference between the regular reman or the oem bosch reman set? What would you guys recommend?

·
Banned
3 Posts
I used Dieselogic about 9 months ago. They remaned my injects. Asked them about how they can guarantee OEM standards, something like they have some device that only manufactures have. They built it themselves or something. Basically, saved me a ton of money, and the injectors have been running like a champ.

·
Registered
296 Posts
1700 for a set is Cheap! i usually see around 2100

Reactions: ddmayfcj

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Lincoln diesel or GTFO IMO.

$1699 right now and a reputation to rival any.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
3 Posts
All I know is I got reman's that are working like a champ, Dieselogics rep is stellar, and I saved a bunch of money. You wanna keep paying crazy prices for "brand name", have fun with that. I like saving my money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Haven't been here in a while, but though I owed an update to the forum. I had my injectors done by my mechanic. Purchased Lincoln Diesel injectors. Worked fantastic. Installed airdog 165, cat filter and fill with power service every other tank. The truck purrs like a lion and has power to match. Love this thing.

·
Vendor
2,190 Posts
Haven't been here in a while, but though I owed an update to the forum. I had my injectors done by my mechanic. Purchased Lincoln Diesel injectors. Worked fantastic. Installed airdog 165, cat filter and fill with power service every other tank. The truck purrs like a lion and has power to match. Love this thing.
Great to hear!!!!:neener

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Brent
i'm about to hit the button on a set for my LB7
What's the price for a set with seals and gaskets going for now?
thanks
Jody

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dieselogic - no good.

I made the mistake of ordering a set for my 2004 LB7 (VIN code 1), after installation truck runs worse than before I started. Way worse - took it in for a diag - 5 of the 8 injectors balance rates are all over the place. Fuel knock is bad under load - only goes away if rail pressure is tuned below 4k.
In the process of trying to deal with them now regarding returning their junk and getting my cash back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I (now) 100% agree... I was a fool to think that injectors were like "just any other item" under the hood, and made the assumption these remans would be just fine. Despite all I have learned and read into the high tolerances the injectors are required to play in order to function properly. I still tried to save a few Lincoln's (no pun intended). The price of new is a hard one to swallow, but not nearly as hard as the price of having to do the job twice and possibly worse.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I will also say LDS injectors were priced very competitively. They were super helpful and top notch as far as customer service goes! Can't say enough good things about them along those lines. However, I bought and installed a whole set of 8 LB7 Bosch injectors part # 97729095 the ones off of the site for $1699. I also installed the Cat filter and adapter from them too. The filter is cheap and readily available at my local Cat parts counter so I change it 5k with my oil change. It was expensive enough and a PITA job so I wanted to do as much as reasonably possible to keep these injectors healthy. I was very meticulous with the install. I've rebuilt several motors, frame up Dodge Viper build, two different complete high end sand rail tear down and re-assemblies, and I've been a lead tech working on multi-million dollar semi-conductor machines for the last 20 yrs for Intel. Install is NOT in question and yet I have two injectors already failing after only 2 years and 25k miles. I'm not saying anything bad about LDS at all, please don't take it that way, that's not my intention. I just wanted to point out that even the Bosch OEM remans suck too! This design really is shitty apparently.

·
Vendor
2,190 Posts
I will also say LDS injectors were priced very competitively. They were super helpful and top notch as far as customer service goes! Can't say enough good things about them along those lines. However, I bought and installed a whole set of 8 LB7 Bosch injectors part # 97729095 the ones off of the site for $1699. I also installed the Cat filter and adapter from them too. The filter is cheap and readily available at my local Cat parts counter so I change it 5k with my oil change. It was expensive enough and a PITA job so I wanted to do as much as reasonably possible to keep these injectors healthy. I was very meticulous with the install. I've rebuilt several motors, frame up Dodge Viper build, two different complete high end sand rail tear down and re-assemblies, and I've been a lead tech working on multi-million dollar semi-conductor machines for the last 20 yrs for Intel. Install is NOT in question and yet I have two injectors already failing after only 2 years and 25k miles. I'm not saying anything bad about LDS at all, please don't take it that way, that's not my intention. I just wanted to point out that even the Bosch OEM remans suck too! This design really is shitty apparently.
I know its been two years ago, but give us a call and we will get something figured out for you. Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I appreciate that. I'll give you a call next week. Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Bosh remans are Bosh remans. If they come in a white box from a credible distributor all your left with is pricing and customer service. My current set of injectors was purchased from the Dmax Store and I have 3 of the 8 going south in 3 years and less than 100K miles. Not the fault of the guys at Dmax Store who also have great service . At the time of install, I also added an Airdog 165 along with the Nicktane Cat conversion. Additionally, I run a quart of 2cy oil per fill up. I've done everything I can to get these turds to last as long as possible but, to no avail. The way I see it, I can either keep replacing injectors or upgrade to an 07 with the LBZ. However, for what the 07's are currently going for, I can afford t replace a few more sets of injectors.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.