Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 LB7 running 305 70 16s currently have Cooper discovers and If I go more than half throttle they just spin. Getting new tires soon just wanted some opinions I want an off road looking tire but I really need some hardcore street traction. Dont really care about wet traction. I looked at the bfg kdw (drag radials) but no luck finding them in a 33. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just put a set of 306/60R18 Nitto Terra Graplers on my truck. I have done a few 20 psi launches and they hold traction pretty damn well. Havent had them off the highway yet so Im not how well they do in mud / snow / ice.

-Eric

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
20psi??? dear lord...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yep :) Thats what my boost gauge read prior to liftoff. Lol

-Eric

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
And your tie rod ends didnt implode and cross your front tires? or was this a 2wd launch.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just put a set of 306/60R18 Nitto Terra Graplers on my truck. I have done a few 20 psi launches and they hold traction pretty damn well. Havent had them off the highway yet so Im not how well they do in mud / snow / ice.

-Eric
I thought you meant 20 psi in the tires....I was like WTF??

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have a 01 LB7 running 305 70 16s currently have Cooper discovers and If I go more than half throttle they just spin. Getting new tires soon just wanted some opinions I want an off road looking tire but I really need some hardcore street traction. Dont really care about wet traction. I looked at the bfg kdw (drag radials) but no luck finding them in a 33. Any help would be appreciated.
i think you need to decide if you want an off road tire or a street tire! you can't have both...

if your street traction is more important, get a tire that doesn't look like an off road tire! more rubber on the road means better grip. off road tires have large voids between tread blocks which decreases teh rubber on the road.

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
pirelli scorpions. im runnin em and they are sticky. i used to blow the tires off when i had bfg all terrains and a stock turbo, now even with this s472 and these tires i have way better traction.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone else have suggestions to which ones hold up under power? I have the BFG KO's and Im already in search of something better to trade them on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts