Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 4x4 d-max i have all the dealer parts , i need the water pump changed ,

leme know , thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx i wanna do it but worried about the whole balencer removal thing , lol

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
friday am bump lol

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
I just did mine not too long ago and would be glad to help ya out, but I gotta work all weekend. Let me know if ya need a hand. If you PM me I'll give ya my cell # and you can give me a call if ya run into any problems. Where in Phoenix??? If you're close to me I may be able to sneak away from the office if you hit a snag.

Oh, also, the balancer can only be put on one way. It is keyed, but the front is the front and the rear is the rear so mark it when you take it off.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I have a shop here at home but where are you located. My cell # 602-614-2928

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Live in tolleson. Glad you got oem parts. I bought two cheap a/m pumps and both leaked w/i a month. Put the oem on and all is good. Had it all apart 3 times so i could do it in my sleep. If you run into any problems i'd be more than glad to help. My cell 623-221-4146. If i dont answer leave a message and ill call ya right back. I dont answer if i dont know who ya are.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The balancer is not an issue at all. Having all the right tools is! I loaned my flywheel locking tool out and now I cant get a hold of the person who has it. Wouldn't you know my water pump is taking a sh*t. Now I can't change my own cause my tools are gone and Matco didn't come through today. If you can locate the socket and flywheel locking tool come to my house sunday and we can do both!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow awesome thanks for all the replys and help guys

im gonna figure out if i wanna tackle this myself or just pay sum cash

im in sun city az

thx guys

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
If your in sun city you aren`t that far from me. If you don`t want to do it let me know as I do side jobs of all kinds, mechanic, welding, some fab work among other things. Have a great day Steve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts