Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys really need your help here.....$9,800 for a 2001 with 160k miles injectors replaced at 95k crew cab loaded with everything, heated seats, leather, power seats, edge power chip, rhino lining, tool box. Not perfect condition hase dents and scratches here and there. Good deal or not?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Sounds like a fair price, but if it needs injectors, will cost $$$ to have someone replace them-- No one can tell when they will fail.

Check the engine oil dip stick-- level high-? Smell like diesel-? Smoke in exhaust-?

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
2wd or 4wd? If it's 4wd then definitely in my book. 2wd i'd be a little cautious but still probably go for it. Any pics?

·
Registered
182 Posts
seems like a good deal. i just bought an 04 125,000 miles 4x4 for $15000 so definatly fair price IF the powertrain is tight and was respected

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Seems like a fair price. Check the dipstick for diesel fuel smell as stated earlier and check the drive train for tightness. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
depends on your location and fuel prices. here i'll go from close to E to topped off completely for right at 96 bucks or so, depending on prices.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright he said he would fill up tank so just wondering how much that would save me. What do you think about the deal? good deal?

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Its a short bed which should be a 26 gal tank iirc. The long beds have 32 gal I believe.
A full tank for that here is about 100$ for every last drop.
It seems good. Check for oil leaks at the tranny and oil pan. (oil on skid plates is normal because the oil drains onto the plate first if not removed) if the injectors are bad or going bad your going to have to drop about 2-4k$ soon to fix it, so be sure with those.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do i know for sure? check oil for fuel and level and white smoke at idle. If everything checks out is this a good buy?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts