Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 GMC sierrra with a PPE programer. My kids ran the battery down while camping and needed to have the truck jump started. They also took the cables off and cleaned the terminals. Now the alarm sys functions somtimes, sometimes not. The PPE program seems to not be there anymore, and today I would start the truck and imediately it would shut back off. It did this a couple times then ran fine. Also when I plug in the power inverter for my laptop it shuts the radio off and the guages start to freak out. The batteries are old anyway so I'm replacing them. any other suggestions? After having a Superchips disable my PCM in my dodge when I had problems with it I scared to even plug the PPE in.

· Banned
24,781 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I wouldnt plug the PPE in till you get new batterys. Try removing both the battery cables for atleast 10 minutes and try it again. That should fix your problems! If not post back.

· VAGITARIAN :)
8,062 Posts
I have a 2005 GMC sierrra with a PPE programer. My kids ran the battery down while camping and needed to have the truck jump started. They also took the cables off and cleaned the terminals. Now the alarm sys functions somtimes, sometimes not. The PPE program seems to not be there anymore, and today I would start the truck and imediately it would shut back off. It did this a couple times then ran fine. Also when I plug in the power inverter for my laptop it shuts the radio off and the guages start to freak out. The batteries are old anyway so I'm replacing them. any other suggestions? After having a Superchips disable my PCM in my dodge when I had problems with it I scared to even plug the PPE in.
Until you get batteries that'll hold the proper voltage you will have problems,trust me if the batteries are weak,it will do weird things!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.