Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola, and thanks in advanced. So I'm having trouble finding the exact information and parts that I need.

I have a 2005 Duramax 3500 lly

So basically I'm wanting to do a full egr delete, recently found out my egr is leaking radiator coolant she has 270k miles, and I said to hell with the egr. Really I'll try and keep it simple I'm having troubles finding any real full egr delete kits or an itemized list of part names that I need so that I can more easily buy the parts individually. Probably the main reason I'm having troubles are because of the feds crack down on emissions since the desiel brothers.
Can anyone tell me the parts names like I'm told I need both up pipes, maybe an lbz y bridge, but what's the pipe called that replaces the egr? what are the separate names for the up pipes? Is one cold and one hour? I'm not much for mechanical names and lingo. And how a diesel fully operates. But really what are all the part names that I need to do a full pro style egr delete and I don't mean any weak sauce like add a blocker plate.
If anyone's smart enough to decipher what I'm trying to say please help!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cold air intake pipe is the one that bypasses egr. far as up pipes only really need to replace or cut and weld shut the egr feed on passenger side up pipe.do some research you should be able to find a kit for Off road use "only" you will need to replace Y bridge to do it right, can use stock but it will blow out in time.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
3,095 Posts
Reactions: BlownL36

·
Former GM Tech and parts
3,095 Posts
Realistically you need a delete pipe, an LB7 up pipe or a modified up pipe such as that kit, and a heater hose. You don't need to change the bridge or anything like that if you use a properly built delete pipe like the ProFab piece.

@scottydl in my opinion, the ProFab delete pipe is the only way to go on the LLYs. I've used them on a couple trucks and they are built and supported properly and have not had any issues with them. ProFab's parts are reliable and built well. I'm running their cast flow manifold and up pipe set on my LB7, as well as their LB7 downpipe when I had the cheetah on my truck. I've used their LBZ delete pipe a few times as well, and also the bridge strap on a couple trucks for added assurance. As far as I can say, I trust their stuff

Reactions: scottydl
1 - 5 of 5 Posts