Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 06 ccsb while back
And neither side heated seats work.. All power adjustments work on. Both sides, jus not the heated seats.. I checked ign 3 fuse and it's good, but I can't seem to find the problem. Any help is always appreciated!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for all the help guys..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And don't say go look through the forum cus guess what. I have... Multiple times hours on end.. If
I could have figured it out or found the answer I wouldn't be here now

·
Registered
307 Posts
First, welcome to the forum.

Probably need to replace your seat heater elements. This is most often the case.

What are they doing when you hit the button?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They ain't doing nothing.. No lights come on no nothing...

·
Registered
307 Posts
So you hit the button and none of the lights go on? Or are they on for just a second or two?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No lights come on. No nothing.. On either side. No click no lights... All other power works just fine, like the seat forward or back
And all that

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mirrors work.. Both sides. Even defrost

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Can you fill out your signature block showing year and model/RPO code (I know you mentioned it's an 06 ccsb and that's helpful). Assumption would be that it's an LBZ but there are plenty with gassers. Include any mods and all of that stuff so that we know what we're dealing with. Location is good too because many of us have Tech II's or other diagnostic equipment and might be able to help out. If you were near me I'd throw my tech II on it for a cup of coffee and see what the module was telling us. I'm no expert on the Dmax (my field is Heavy Duty automotive) but I have the test equipment and a full set of factory shop manuals for the LBZ.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you have a DVOM meter, I would check the connections to see if A: you're getting power first. If you are getting power to the switch then check from the switch down to the connectors to the heating mats. There is a connector under the seats. IIRC, it is an 8 pin white connector, but it may differ between MY. Once you've verified you have power, you've also accomplished a continuity test. If everything checks out, check the resistance of the mats. If they are out, then it will be mats. If you have a break in the wires anywhere, then you will find that out during the continuity test.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll do that when I get home from work. But if I remember correctly, the day I bought the truck they worked.. And I think I read somewhere they are wired in a series starting with passenger side correct?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Check the plug under the drivers seat. Seen bad wire connections there which caused the heated seats not to work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts