Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 GMC 2500HD and am interested in installing some cab length nerf steps, but only if it requires no drilling. I refuse to drill a hole in that area of the truck.

Can anyone recommend steps that bolt right up and don't require drilling? From searching the forum, sounds like N-Fab doesn't require drilling -- any others?

thanks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Try Jegs.com and punch in part # 976-202227J in the search window. I have these on my 2004 1/2 ton and my 2008 Crew Cab Dually. Easy, no-drill installation and a great product. I am 250 lbs and they are very stout. If you have any questions, Jegs is open 24 hours a day. 1-800-345-4545

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Jegs recommendation. Anyone else have any other recommendations?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I put Go Rhino's on my 08, just cab lengths and they required no drilling. Crappy pic... but you get the idea. It is a LMM so not sure if the urea tank or anything on the LML would cause interference not found on the LMM's

DSC_0057.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I ended up purchasing the N-fab steps and all I can say is whoever designed this never looked at a 2011 2500HD crew cab of any kind. The bolt holes don't even come close to lining up with the brackets. There is no possible way this was designed for a 2500HD.

I have a call into N-fab to see what their response is. Guess we'll see how good their customer service is.

If you have a 2500HD crew cab, stay away from N-Fab.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Any news on the manufactures respond??

·
Registered
220 Posts
nerf bars

I would look for Westin they make bars for everything and the ones I got for my LMM bolt directly to the frame where the body bolts to the frame nothing touches the body at all

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oem ?

·
Registered
546 Posts
even OEM 6" oval has to drill into rocker... def side of-coarse

·
Registered
586 Posts
My dealer, is just getting seperate brackets, and using OEM and other brand bars. They use someone elses brackets to make it work without drilling.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I got some knock off Westin looking ones from Summit Racing...They worked fine just had to retighten them once. Other than that they worked great until lifting and going with AMPs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
nerf bars

I would look for Westin they make bars for everything and the ones I got for my LMM bolt directly to the frame where the body bolts to the frame nothing touches the body at all

repeat

·
Registered
26 Posts
id like to add a picture to show you mine, they are a GoRhino 3" stainless tube style, no drilling rquired and fit great. pretty quick install. I can tseem to figure out how to add pics properly though. ive tried on a few other posts and they dont show up properly (damn new guys eh)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got some running boards for my truck made by Luverne. Several others manufacturers stated theirs would fit not fit 2011 diesels (due to the DEF tank I assume). The Luverne brand mount to the cab mount bolts. You take the big cab mount bolts out, place the mounting bracket and reinstall the cab mount bolt. I suspect the right brand of nerf bars could mount the same way without drilling.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life. I'm looking for a set of nfabs that will fit on my 2011 lml. Apparently this DEF tank is a PIA in all sorts of ways.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bringing this thread back to life. I'm looking for a set of nfabs that will fit on my 2011 lml. Apparently this DEF tank is a PIA in all sorts of ways.
I went with the nfabs for my 2011, but paid a shop to install them. Saved me a lot of headaches.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I went with the nfabs for my 2011, but paid a shop to install them. Saved me a lot of headaches.

Thats going to be my next step if I cant find what I’m looking for. I hate paying for installation on parts, but this time it might be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts