Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this past august I bought my first diesel,:gearjamin its a 2008 lmm long box all stock paid 20,000 157,xxx miles on it runs good looks even better now I have a buddy that I grew up who has been telling me to ditch the gas trucks and get a diesel ill never turn back and that ill enjoy learning the ropes to a diesel engine as theirs more mechanical details and hes right I cant quit reading on em im hooked all I want to do is rip this bad boy down and just start building lol if I only had the money to do it but I will say if anyone is searching this forum about buying their first duramax in my opinion .....DO IT DONT HESITATE they are fantastic ...best dam truck I have ever own

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
You got that right!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Congrats. Fill out your signature.

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats. I recently got one myself. Looking forward to deleting some stuff! My first diesel too and I'm a little overwhelmed but I can't see owing a gas truck again. Ever.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats. I just bought my 1st diesel in Oct after having 3 gas trucks. I smile every mile I drive it.

·
NEVER LESS
430 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats. There is so much info to be acquired here.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's an addiction that's very dangerous to your wallet!

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
X2 what he said. Had mine 3 months and already 5 grand in extras.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's an addiction that's very dangerous to your wallet!
He's got that right! Had mine for almost one year now and I've put in probably 4 grand or so. I was just telling my coworker he needed to buy a diesel and he'll never go back because that's what I've figured out. The gas can stay in the wife's car...

·
Registered
971 Posts
I only buy gas for molotov cocktails for the days when I want to be an undocumented shopper aka looter. That is quite rare.

All the more reason why more diesel trucks should be replacing gasoline vehicles to keep gasoline out of the hands of undocumented shoppers.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Just got mine 2 months ago after owning 3 gas trucks . I'm still kicking myself for not buying a diesel years ago. I will never go back to gas now , I love driving my truck and find myself coming up with excuses to go out so I can drive it. Haha!
Congrats man !

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well I will say since owning my first D-max I was sold and never buy gas again. But honestly if I didn't have the Toy Hauler I would have no reason to own a diesel. If it were just for a daily driver I would want a smaller diesel engine in a 1500HD. Maybe one of these days GM will answer everyone's prayer and start offering diesels in the 1500 or even better a Suburban or Tahoe. I would definitely get one of those to haul the whole family around.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
I always thought that after purchasing a diesel I'd never go back to gas, but nowadays if I had to buy a brand new HD truck, it'd be a gas truck without a doubt, unless I was absolutely needed the extra towing capacity.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I like them so much I have a pair that are color matched.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts