Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 7.5 LMM 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Short bed.
6 inch Pro comp
35x12.50s
18in moto metals
EDGE W/ Attitude

It pulls to the left and I took it in to have the alignment checked, I ended up replacing both upper ball joints, still pull slightly to the left? I know some have use a off set ball joint?

I just drove from Michigan to Georgia. I drove most of the way in level 1, than switched it up to level 3. I hand calculated the MPG and came up with 14.5???? I thought I would be gettin 16/17?

While driving the REGEN ALERT came on the edge programer a couple times. Does the EDGE have its own REGEN settings?

It still has the pro comp ES9000 shocks on it, and she rides pretty rough, and is kinda loud over bumps. Im thinking of getting a better valved shock, RANCHO RS9000? FOX? FAB TECH?

I am newbie and would appreciate any advice?

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,411 Posts
I have the same setup and get 14.5 mpg. Does your Edge w/attitude shut off the Regen? Do you have your DPF still or not? Sounds like your DPF is plugged.

You might want to check your Idler & Pitman arms. Jack up the front end and grab your tire at 3 and 11 o'clock and wiggle it back and forth while watching the arms for excessive play. Mine were bad at 40,000 and created this problem. I would recommend getting the Moog replacements and the Cognito braces. While your at it replace those skinny ass tierods with some HD Fabtech ones. Check with Mike at Dmaxstore.com or Chad at alligatorperformance.com

·
Registered
962 Posts
the best thing you can do is sell the juice and get a programmer that allows you to remove the dpf and block the codes. There are 3 over the counter models and 1 custom model that will do this. That will keep you from ever having to worry about regens or a hp tune clogging the dpf so quickly, not to mention better fuel milage. The only con is warranty but the mechanical benefits are huge.

Two other things that are "diesel 101" mods are to reroute the pcv line and block the egr valve off with a blocker plate. One of the capable programmers are needed to block codes when the egr is blocked. It prevents dirty, sooty air from being recirculated back through your engine again...just emission garbage. A blocker plate is needed even after the programmer disables the egr valve because it can be forced open by high turbo boost that the programmers provide when you get on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have the same setup and get 14.5 mpg. Does your Edge w/attitude shut off the Regen? Do you have your DPF still or not? Sounds like your DPF is plugged.

You might want to check your Idler & Pitman arms. Jack up the front end and grab your tire at 3 and 11 o'clock and wiggle it back and forth while watching the arms for excessive play. Mine were bad at 40,000 and created this problem. I would recommend getting the Moog replacements and the Cognito braces. While your at it replace those skinny ass tierods with some HD Fabtech ones. Check with Mike at Dmaxstore.com or Chad at alligatorperformance.com
I called Mike at Dmax he said he wasnt sure if the cognito supports would work with the lift? I called a couple other places and they said it should be fine. Im gonna go with those, the moog replacements, and probably the cognito tie rods. A new pair of rancho rs 9000's hopefully that will make the ride smoother.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have the DPF and stock pipe on her. i dont really want to get rid of it. Due to the warranty! What kinda prices am i looking at for EGR blocker, PCV reroute?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
OK so I have been told a couple things so far. I was told that the Cognito support kit would not work with the pro comp 6 inch lift? Anyone running a steering stablizer or recomend running one, or a heavy duty steering colum?

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
If you have a programmer on it you probably have already voided the warranty... plus programmers + DPF not recommended IMO..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do programmers always void the warranty, even if you put the computer back to stock settings?? I just purchased a Diablo Predator for my 07.5 DM to try and get better fuel mileage.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do programmers always void the warranty, even if you put the computer back to stock settings?? I just purchased a Diablo Predator for my 07.5 DM to try and get better fuel mileage.
It all depends on the dealer but yes it can void your warrantee. They can read the ECM and see that it has had a programmer added to it even if you turn it back to stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
From the research I've done, the Predator was the choice I made because of price and it being easy to use. What do you guys here think of the Diable Predator and what kind of feedback do you have if you are using this programmer??
Thanks,
Jim~

·
Registered
131 Posts
It all depends on the dealer but yes it can void your warrantee. They can read the ECM and see that it has had a programmer added to it even if you turn it back to stock.
The Predator or Trinity is not detectable by the dealer on the CVN check.

I have personally seen other handhelds fail the test.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Your truck has already stored any higher than stock values in places like the ECM and TCM. Your warranty is toast. Just enjoy your ride the way you want it now.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts

I have personally seen other handhelds fail the test.
How do you figure? The computers on the LMM's store the last 10 ECM flashes. 1 of those 10 won't be a stock reflash...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just purchased a new 2010 GMC. I clearly states that any after market part will void the warranty. It even states that changing the air intake could result in the warranty being void.

·
Registered
131 Posts
How do you figure? The computers on the LMM's store the last 10 ECM flashes. 1 of those 10 won't be a stock reflash...
Oh, we are well aware of how it is supposed to work.

All I can tell you, is nothing shows up in the CVN check with a Predator or Trinity flash. This is not the case for all flash tools.

Got to the dealer, check your CVNs. Say you see 4 numbers there.
Go home, flash with your Predator 20 times, go back to the dealer and check the CVNs again, guess what, there will still only be 4 there....:)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Oh, we are well aware of how it is supposed to work.

All I can tell you, is nothing shows up in the CVN check with a Predator or Trinity flash. This is not the case for all flash tools.

Got to the dealer, check your CVNs. Say you see 4 numbers there.
Go home, flash with your Predator 20 times, go back to the dealer and check the CVNs again, guess what, there will still only be 4 there....:)
All I can say is REALLY. You must sell a ton of these!!!:):)

·
Registered
131 Posts
All I can say is REALLY. You must sell a ton of these!!!:):)
Hoping to sell even more now...I am releasing an update this week to add adjustable Injection Timing and adjustable rail pressure settings to the Predator and Trinity! (Oh, and support for 2010 LMMs...)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Diablo! I'm looking forward to using the tuner when I get it. I should have it tomorrow!:rockin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts