Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys.... I've just priced out a brand new 07' LMM CC 4x4 Z-71 with the LT2 interior package and leather seating. The rebates and offers right now are unbelievable! My monthly payment came out to be $697 per month with only a $3000 trade in. Do you think $697 per month is too much for a man to be paying for a vehicle. I know its as good of a deal as I can get right now, but I'm having trouble talking myself into paying this much money every month for a truck. I have a bumper pull camper that weighs approx. 7,000 lbs loaded so I'd like to stay away from the gasser just to make life as easy as possible pulling on the road. Is $697 too steep for a monthly payment on a vehicle in your opinion?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Is that for a 4 year loan or longer? If it is a 4 year loan, that isn't that bad, but if it is for 6 years, that is too steep IMO. One thing that could save you money is not to get the "pleather" seats. Save up and buy some Katskinz later on. It all comes down to what you can afford though. If you can make the payment and insurance without working overtime and actually get to use the truck for other than work....I say go for it....you won't be sorry. Another route you can go is to get an 06 or 07 classic with the LBZ engine...it is just as good without the extra emissions crap on it.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Depends on how much you make. Me and my wife do really well..and I pay 880 a month on mine. But that will be paid off in less than 5 years with 0%APR. So to me it's worth it. So if you have the extra money...go for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tax, title and license

I've gone ahead and decided that I was going to suck it up and get me a new ride. I'm able to pay for the $697 note, but I still find it quite hard to believe I will be paying that much every month on a vehicle. My next concern is that currently, I'm in Texas but I'm a resident of Louisiana and want to buy my truck while I'm temporarily here in TX but want to license and title my truck in LA. Almost every dealer has frowned tremendously when I told them I wanted to register the truck in LA. They all suggested to register it in TX then change over the plates next year, but I've found out changing the plates over will cost and additional $1200. I found the exact truck that I have been looking for and its here in TX so what do you guys suggest I do with the tax, title and license to acquire this vehicle in TX.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
My wifes sister lived in Texas for a couple years. And shes swears that they want to be their own country. So if you mention anything about another state you will get frowned upon. I would just tell them "Hey, I want the truck, you have to sell it to me, and I want LA plates." I don't really think they can tell you no....PLUS a brand new 07, I know I paid around 44 or 46 for mine, and yours is probably a bit more...thats ALOT of money...if they pass up a sell like that and commission just because of LA plates...then I wouldn't recommend buying a vehicle from A-holes like that. And trust me...you won't regret buying it if you do..because you can run it hard and rack up the miles and it doesn't hurt a thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts