Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new on here as I have just crossed to the "other side". I have always driven gm cars and ford trucks. I have now traded my powerstroke for a new duramax. In the ford, my mpg was very dependent on the tach. Is the new duramax the same way-keep it under 2000 and I will get much better fuel economy? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome and yes. The D Max mileage will drop off significantly above 2000. Mine likes to cruise about 68 mph @ 1700 about 17 to 17.5 mpg. In my business mileage is money so I watch it carefully. If I am pushing to get somewhere I can easily push the mpg down to 14.5 to 15. Still not bad for a 4X4 DRW Crew.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome, glad you saw the light about the pstrokes. Hopefully you do better with your mileage than my cousins 07. his is not doing real good. Seems like it doesnt matter how he drives he gets around 12. I know thats not what you wanna hear.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
my 05 dually stock it got 15 miles a gallon on a average but about $1,500 latter i now average 18 to 20 on the open road best yet it is 22.6.if you drive like i usually do i do good to hit 18.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the replies. So far the dash is showing 15.1 avg. but it only has 200 miles on it and I havent had it on the open road yet. 3500 drw, 4x4, crew--I AM REALLY IMPRESSED SO FAR-ONE SWEET TRUCK. Thanks again

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and the replies. So far the dash is showing 15.1 avg. but it only has 200 miles on it and I havent had it on the open road yet. 3500 drw, 4x4, crew--I AM REALLY IMPRESSED SO FAR-ONE SWEET TRUCK. Thanks again
on my trucks the dash is usually lower then my actual mileage but on my stock dually the best i got was 16 but i now average 18 to 20 depends how i'm driving:fart :Dmods list below

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am only getting like 14.9 calculated mix of city highway, 3500 ext. cab DRW

The electric reading is still at 13.8, on my third tank. Hope to see some more!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
what year is your truck?i have a 05 lly dually and stock the best i could get was 15.8 and a steady average was 14.8 but after a exhaust and programmer i now CAN:tease get up to a steady average of 20 but the way i drive i average is 18:D ,my best yet was 23 all highway.plus you'll have enough power to spank most stock cars.:fart like my daddy says boyz will be boyz:rof

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
it will get a little better mpg when it breaks in a little bit more,i noticed the biggest difference when i got 8k on it,i gained almost 2 mpg after i got some miles on the truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Really, how much better will the stocker get? I have a 11k miles and averaging 15 - and thats driving conservative.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the truck that i dought new is the 06 2500HD LBZ,the stock fuel mpg before 8k miles 17 as a high and after roughly 8 to 10k it improved to 19 as a high,after some mods i now can average around 19 and best yet is 23 all highway.and on the 05 dually stock average was 14 low 15 but after some mods i average around 18 and the best yet is 23 all highway.ps if i drove it like it was new i could probilay average 21 all the time.mods list below...oh and one more thing i have enough power to spank most stock cars and trucks....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts