Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a factory gm rep that the new duramax will have catyalic converters on them and get poorer miliage plus perfroamnce modifications like chips and exchaust cannot be done. Anybody know how much the converters will affect the performance compared to the 2006 modles?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i do know that the new duramax will have pressure sensor in the exhaust. they will have three one before the cat, one in the cat, and one behind the cat.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
my 06 had cats on it,i didn't have the truck for more then a week before they went bye bye.to answer your question about fuel economy my 06 lbz when it was stock it got 17.5 mpg.when the duramax came out in 01 they said you wouldn't be able to get a tuner for it quess they were wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was told by a factory gm rep that the new duramax will have catyalic converters on them and get poorer miliage plus perfroamnce modifications like chips and exchaust cannot be done. Anybody know how much the converters will affect the performance compared to the 2006 modles?
My '05 LLY and my "07 classic LBZ both have cats on them, I think he meant to tell you that they will come with exhaust particulate filters, they will have sensors that monitor flow before and after the filter, they will require new "low ash" oil, and they will run exclusively on Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel, the ULSD is supposed to only lose 1% less power and mileage than LSD fuel,
BUT just remember that every new change that has come about, such as unleaded fuel, catalytic converters, air pumps, fuel injection, and most recently OBDII, people wring their hands and cry foul and scream that "big brother doesn't want me to make more power!" but the aftermarket always finds ways to improve these systems, usually without major repurcussions from "BIG BROTHER", so don't be too scared of the future, hell they may make more power than the current top dog diesel (of course I mean the LBZ DURAMAX!!!) and get way better mileage doing it!! just try to remember ANY make, model or year of vehicle that made these kinds of power and got this kind of mileage doing it!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
scorpio can the particulate filter be removed as well as the sensors with hptuners?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven't heard of any aftermarket companies making any kind of particulate filter eliminator yet, but I'm sure there will be some way to do it in the near future! just be patient and let the new trucks get out on the streets and someone will find a way!!

·
Haters gonna Hate!
187 Posts
I think PPE has a tuner out that will erase the trouble codes and keep them from coming back. But I read an article somewhere that the feds slapped a fine on them and had to stop sending selling them or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think PPE has a tuner out that will erase the trouble codes and keep them from coming back. But I read an article somewhere that the feds slapped a fine on them and had to stop sending selling them or something.

Ya ppe just recently released it. They make a great product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts