Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2010 6.6 . I have a couple of questions. If you were going to make 2 upgrades to improve performance and stay within warranty, what two upgrades would you choose? I am looking for performance upgrades that would increase hp,mpg, and torque as tested by a dyno. I need the vendors that you would choose and any dyno gain information available.

Thanks

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
There is nothing you can go that will not void the warranty.

Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
do things that are reversable, like cold air intake, and a programer that keeps the stock tune, like the ats e-power

and congrats on the new truck!
WE NEED PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Don't waste your money on a cold air intake. Your stock one filters better than most aftermarkets and flows enough to support 500 HP.

As for the ATS that is being mentioned. As soon as you download it into your ECM it will change the CVIN and the dealer will find it if they look hard enough.

·
Registered
248 Posts
if they look hard enough though....

and the killer bee performance (i think thats what it's called) true cold air intake is very cheap, and yeilds noticable results...

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
On the LLY it does the LMM is good right out of the box!

·
Registered
582 Posts
if they look hard enough though....

and the killer bee performance (i think thats what it's called) true cold air intake is very cheap, and yeilds noticable results...
Unless you go to a mod friendly dealer they probably will look hard enough if you take it in for warranty work so they can try and weasel their way out of doing it under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info

I think I need to rephrase my question. My local dealer stated I could make two modifications and not affect my warranty. A cold air intake and the rear section of the exhaust system. Does anyone have any data that supports any change in performance for these two modifications. I have seen where the s and b has run their cold air intake thru a dyno and picked up a few horses and a little torque improvement. Thanks once again for the information

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Changing the back of the exhaust will not do nothing but get rid of the bazooka boom tip.

Like I said in an earlier post. Dont waste your money on an intake.

Where are you from?

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
Nothing that is going to be warranty friendly is going to yield any real power gains. The intake gains are going to very minimal on a stock truck. The DPF back exhaust is for looks only. Killerbee's product is for the LLY. The LMM has a much larger mouthpiece from the factory.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Everything I have read points to no real gains without losing the warrany. If you pick up much power, they will see it on the TCM torque level. Best bet is to drive it till you are out of warranty or till you don't care about it anymore!

·
Registered
498 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts