Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm in the process on getting a new 15. I'm want to order some stuff but wondering what brand you guys are happy with. What brand tonneau cover u guys have and how I like it. Also mud flaps. Anyone running husky brand flaps? Anyone ever paint matched mud flaps. I'm thinking of paint matching mirrors and mud flaps to give it a cleaner look. Truck is going to be the tungsten grey. If anyone has pics of this color in the 2015 I'd love to see them. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I have a gm tonneau it is a tri fold nice quality! i am using the gm molded flaps

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
They have emblems

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'd get a Diamondback HD cover if I was starting from scratch.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never seen those before. I need something that opens the whole bed up for hauling and such. Other wise I would look into those more. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Truxedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover 572001 and love it ... second one I have had.

GM's color-matched mud flaps ...

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
I highly recommend a Retrax cover. I drove a company truck that had one, and it was amazing. Very durable, waterproof, looked nice. Always seemed a lot better quality than the soft cover roll up ones. The only downside is that you lose about maybe 4-5 inches of space near the top of your bed.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Full exhaust, downpipe, egr delete and efilive... best thing I've done to my 2015 lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I highly recommend a Retrax cover. I drove a company truck that had one, and it was amazing. Very durable, waterproof, looked nice. Always seemed a lot better quality than the soft cover roll up ones. The only downside is that you lose about maybe 4-5 inches of space near the top of your bed.

Any issue with dirt and grim in the track of that retrax cover?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Any issue with dirt and grim in the track of that retrax cover?

Never had that issue with it when I was driving the truck. I'd have one on my personal truck but I'm planning on getting a canopy instead. My grandfather also has a Roll N Lock cover (basically identical to Retrax except the cover is vinyl instead of aluminum), and he's had it on his 2005 Ram 2500 for as long as I can remember, and it hasn't given him any issues.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I just got home from wheelin and dealin......They had color matching mud flaps for every color but 2. Of corse tungsten metallic being one of those. So they are going to paint them for me to match.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright truck will be ready to pick up first of next week. They had to put cab lights and line x in it. Tonneau cover and floor mats are ordered. Next decision is step bars are tires

Anyone running n fab bars. Any pictures?

What size tire can I fit on stock 18's?
Torsions are going to get crank a little for a plow. Anyone have any input??

·
Registered
461 Posts
Alright truck will be ready to pick up first of next week. They had to put cab lights and line x in it. Tonneau cover and floor mats are ordered. Next decision is step bars are tires

Anyone running n fab bars. Any pictures?

What size tire can I fit on stock 18's?
Torsions are going to get crank a little for a plow. Anyone have any input??

whoa, whoa, whoa .... "put cab lights in"? ... the dealer added cab lights on a truck that was not already optioned with them? Do you know how they broached the square mounting holes?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
205 Posts
What DJ said⬆⬆⬆but throw in a CP3 conversion as well while you're at it. That makes the truck damn near bullet proof.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
461 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts