Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So…My 2018 Ram 2500 left me and my family stranded in NC going to CA loaded with a 10k travel trailer.

Here I am, back with a new 22’ LT (Downgraded because it was the only truck available in the city).

Can the LED headlights, blind spot detectors, fog lights, remote start, power mirrors be added?

truck is a 22’ LT Silverado CCSB Duramax z71 4wd

·
Registered
2022 Silverado LT, 3500HD, Double Cab, Flatbed Four Wheel Camper
71 Posts
Not exactly sure but I've noticed that when you add/delete items, sometimes the dealer has to change some code in the ECM. I took off my bed, added a flatbed and had to go to the dealer. I would bet they do this for most "options" and yes, it costs you $'s to have them do it. :-(

·
Registered
536 Posts
Depending on options, dealer might be able to add remote start. Other than that, you will be on your own.

You can reach out to this place and they might be able to help you with some of the programming - Welcome to WAMS

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s kind of what I figured. Oh well, the truck is nice, pulls my trailer better than the Ram did (except for the exhaust brake, I think GM forgot to install it.)

I will enjoy this truck as is, I’m a little sad because the next truck was supposed to have trailer cams, and blind spot detectors and LED headlights. Those are the only features I truly wish I had.

Thank you guys very much. Looking forward to interacting on this forum.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I thought the same about the exhaust brake, someone mentioned using it in conjuction with the cruise control. That's when it works the best, tried it on some good downgrades, just set to 55 or whatever. Use the + - on the steering wheel. Works great.

·
Registered
2022 1500 CCSB Sierra AT4 3.0L I6 Duramax
299 Posts
If you paid anywhere close to MSRP, you can probably get what you paid for the 2022. I would jump on Chevy or GMC's inventory pages and see if what you want is available anywhere. Go get what you want. The cost to add things like trailer mirrors and LED headlights will be 2-3x's the cost of what it will be to get them in a factory configuration.

Go sell the LT and buy what you want while the used market is still offering crazy prices.

I just bought a 2022 1500 AT4, paid sticker for it, and the dealer said I could probably flip it for $5-$10k more than I paid him for it. I drove from Long Island NY to Indiana to trade in my 2020 2500HD and get the 1500... Trade in got me what I paid for the 2500 two years ago.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
That’s kind of what I figured. Oh well, the truck is nice, pulls my trailer better than the Ram did (except for the exhaust brake, I think GM forgot to install it.)

I will enjoy this truck as is, I’m a little sad because the next truck was supposed to have trailer cams, and blind spot detectors and LED headlights. Those are the only features I truly wish I had.

They all have the exhaust brake. (at least since 2011...)

I've not driven a Ram with one, but read many posts that the ram one works differently.

Turning ithe Exhaust Brake on with the button ENABLES it but it does not ACTIVATE it.
If enabled, the computer will activate it when it determines the operator wants to slow down.
It's aggressiveness (or lack of) will depends on the circumstances.

·
Registered
2022 Chevrolet 3500 High Country CC
724 Posts

To what some others have said, the exhaust brake is different on the GM/Chevy vs the Dodge. The dodge seems to try and hold it's current speed.

The Chev/Gmc works great with cruise or if you don't have cruise on when you top the hill next time and start the downgrade lightly tap your breaks, you most likely won't have to touch them again, that activated the exaust break to the current speed and it will hold best it can till you break harder or accelerate. Essentially the Chev/GMC will coast unless you tell it you don't want to coast ie: cruise or tap the break. This has been my personal experience and a fellow dmax 3500 owner explained that to me.

·
Registered
2022 Chevrolet 3500 High Country CC
724 Posts
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car Wheel

Standard on the LTZ and HC, option on LT, not available on the custom or WT

I thought the 22’s came standard with LED’s?

Reactions: flyinhawaiian968

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Chev Tail lamps depend on trim too.

WT, Custom and LT
Tail lamps, with incandescent tail, stop and reverse lights

LTZ and HC
Tail lamps, LED with signature

No options available on tail lamps

On '22 Sierra 2500 -- no options available, but equipment depends on trim
Pro and SLE
Headlamps, LED reflector with incandescent turn signals and LED signature Daytime Running Lamps
Taillamps, LED tail and incandescent stop, turn and reverse light

SLT, AT4, Denali
Headlamps, LED reflector (high intensity) with LED turn signals and LED signature Daytime Running Lamps
Taillamps, LED signature taillight, with LED stop and reverse light

·
Registered
2021 Silverado 2500HD LTZ L5P
565 Posts
Sensor for blindspot wont be in the bumpers so you would need harnesses front and rear new bumpers the sensors themselves then hope a dealer can program them and it's likely you would be missing a microchip or 3...

Led lights can be added

Fog lights will require a harness lights and a new front fascia and button panel changed on the dash

Power mirrors will need mirrors a wiring harness that will require the entire dash to be removed then buttons added and new driver side door trim

Cheaper to trade that truck for the one you want. The only thing you could do yourself would be led headlights and remote start. Aftermarket remote start is added to vehicles all the time

·
Registered
2022 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LT 4x4
59 Posts
LasFit offers LED lamps replacing the OEM Halogen bulbs. I don't know anything about them and certainly don't endorse. Two bulbs (high and low) are required for each side.

This is a link for the high side:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts