Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my new 5" turbo back exhaust on my LMM. Holly crap. This thing smokes like a dodge with a smarty.

Can't wait until my EFI V2 makes it to me:gearjamin.

No wonder DPF's suck so bad GM's factory tune isn't very clean:rolleyes:. It's amazing I was getting 16 mpg before.

My buddy, who is a dodge guy, likes it.:cookoo[1]: That can't be a good sign.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
your saying your stock truck will black out the whole road?

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Put my new 5" turbo back exhaust on my LMM. Holly crap. This thing smokes like a dodge with a smarty.

Can't wait until my EFI V2 makes it to me:gearjamin.

No wonder DPF's suck so bad GM's factory tune isn't very clean:rolleyes:. It's amazing I was getting 16 mpg before.

My buddy, who is a dodge guy, likes it.:cookoo[1]: That can't be a good sign.
thats not good your stock tune will do that bud.

who is doing your efilive?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I know someone who could do the EFI tuning for you ^^^

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If your LMM is smoking with stock tune then something is wrong with it

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
He's gotta have a tune on it somehow in order to run the "no dpf" exhaust so perhaps he's got it cranked up and forgot to mention it

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your saying your stock truck will black out the whole road?
I won't say it will black out the whole road but its pretty bad. It was dark out last night when I finished. I'm getting ready to head to the farm now to see how bad it is during the day.

thats not good your stock tune will do that bud.

who is doing your efilive?
Rob is going to be doing my tuning. Just waiting for my V2. With the shortage due to the pre price increase sales. Hopefully it get here soon. :thumb

He's gotta have a tune on it somehow in order to run the "no dpf" exhaust so perhaps he's got it cranked up and forgot to mention it

That's exactly what I would think but no. No tune what soever. Just the 5" turbo back and PCV reroute. Stock other than that.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I won't say it will black out the whole road but its pretty bad. It was dark out last night when I finished. I'm getting ready to head to the farm now to see how bad it is during the day.
Well if you did it at night and there was a car behind you, then it would look like a ton of smoke. I remember before I was Tuned I thought my truck smoked but it turned out to be just a haze and the headlights made it look like smoke.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if you did it at night and there was a car behind you, then it would look like a ton of smoke. I remember before I was Tuned I thought my truck smoked but it turned out to be just a haze and the headlights made it look like smoke.

Yeah you're right. It was a lot cleaner during the day:eek:. It still smokes a lot more than I thought it would though. Can't wait for my V2 to get here. Hopefully they are working overtime making them.:drink

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yeah you're right. It was a lot cleaner during the day:eek:. It still smokes a lot more than I thought it would though. Can't wait for my V2 to get here. Hopefully they are working overtime making them.:drink
Well once you get your tuning you won't have to worry about smoke...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Does upgradeing your exhaust cause your truck to smoke? So if I have a stock LB7 and I upgrade to a 5" exhaust I can expect it to smoke?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Does upgradeing your exhaust cause your truck to smoke? So if I have a stock LB7 and I upgrade to a 5" exhaust I can expect it to smoke?
Haha... No

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just straight pipe it and take off the turbo blower hose. Now the truck is about as fast as a Dodge and rolls coal like one too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Just straight pipe it and take off the turbo blower hose. Now the truck is about as fast as a Dodge and rolls coal like one too :rolleyes:
And throw a burning tire in the bed and your good to go!!!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
And throw a burning tire in the bed and your good to go!!!

^^ This man is an complete genius! I have never thought of the burning tire trick!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
^^ This man is an complete genius! I have never thought of the burning tire trick!
I just know the skinny's did it in black hawk down, haha. It blacked out the whole sky... So why not the road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts