Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new to this site so I will add pics of my truck shortly.

I recently bought myself an 82 1 ton Silverado with s 6.2 in it. 77000 ORIGIONAL miles. nice, I know. its in nice shape with near mint interior but the body needs paint.

I have a question about the fuel system. the original lines have been replaced with someones personal job. the lines now run to a little clear filter with fuel in it which I have no idea what it is and neither do my of my buddys. the aux fuel tanks switch doesn't work I don't think because the fuel guage doesn't move when I hit it. it has like twice so it kind of works when it wants. the fuel guage also doesn't work, ive put a full tank of diesel in it, but it never goes past 1/4. it will go down though.

so my question is, does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

thank you

·
Registered
420 Posts
Fuel filter sounds like your standard low pressure filter that can be bought from the auto parts store.

Also welcome :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gm bad gauges gas rigs do the same try to find nos or aftermarket gauges. all of my mid late 80 Gm truck had gauges issues. as far as the tank switch push hard with the key on engine off. if it is working you can hear the solenoid engage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts