Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New Banks Power plants at the PRI show!!!

23K views 53 replies 23 participants last post by  BlackDmax15 
#1 · (Edited)
BANKS SEQUENTIAL SUPER-TURBO DIESEL

First on the list (and the most blatantly obvious) is the incredible Banks Sequential Super-Turbo (Marine Version) Diesel. Yes, that's a powerfully efficient sixth generation Eaton TVS supercharger topping off that Twin-Turbo 6.6 Liter GM Duramax-based V-8. It's pretty easy to note that "Boost Guru" Gale Banks has combined the best of both (extra-aspirated) worlds to produce a (pardon the expression) "mind-blowing" marine engine. The idea here is to combine the best of the two 'charging (super and turbo) systems for lightning-strike responsiveness and the very broadest possible power band on the water. Here's where great low end supercharging blends perfectly into top end turbo-power all seamlessly controlled by Banks/Bosch electronics. We're looking at 600+ very husky horsepower at only 3800 rpm here, and "over 1,000" (that's horsepower) with the addition of a competition-tuned nitrous oxide system along with upgrades to some key engine components.

BANKS TWIN-TURBO DIESEL STREET/STRIP

The Banks Twin-Turbo (Street/Strip) is a slightly civilized version of the Duramax V-8 that powered the famous Banks Sidewinder S-10 Drag Truck to record-breaking/record-setting performance on the dragstrip (7.77 seconds @ 180 miles an hour). With CNC-ported heads and equipped with a unique, ultra-effective Banks air-to-water charge air cooler, this engine also features a special Banks dry sump system, high-flow Bosch Fuel Injectors, and set of Carillo custom H-beam steel connecting rods topped with tough AL 2618 forged pistons. This Street Version is a hard-nosed, full-out competition model engine with barely enough manners to get by. "Responsive" is very often one of those sort of “relative” words, in this case it’s the very definition of the particular unit in question. This definitely is NOT an engine for the feint of heart nor the shy and retiring. We’re talking 800-plus horsepower and engine speeds approaching 6,000 rpm. Both of the above high performance Banks diesel engines share one very important thing in common: Banks advanced electronics on the control side of their specification sheets. Both of them utilize the digital engine magic of the famous Banks AutoMind Electronic Diesel Controller with the brand new Banks iQ vehicle user interface in command. This potent combination of Banks products produces the ultimate in Banks high-efficiency clean tuning that makes plenty of power without ever overstressing an engine.

BANKS OEM ("CRATE") DURAMAX DIESEL

Adding to the above one-two combination punch of high performance Duramax engines from Banks will be a much-anticipated basic stock model. (Of course, the word "stock", when referring to engines means something a little different to Gale Banks than it does to others.) A true "crate" engine, this is the current General Motors Duramax 6.6L V-8 factory-fresh, but carefully inspected at the Banks facility, and equipped with a universal wire harness, fuse block, and circuit breakers. This engine comes complete with a Banks AutoMind electronic diesel controller along with proprietary firmware that can be factory-tailored to a generic or custom calibrations. This engine is the basic building block of Banks' most recent drag racing successes, capable of handling heavy performance and power modifications. But, even in this unmodified form it will be a reliable workhorse for many applications. This engine's intended use is for off-road and other emissions-exempt use only

BANKS TWIN-TURBO (Gasoline)

Along with the above set of amazing diesel engines, the Banks exhibit will also feature one of its signature gasoline-fired Banks Twin Turbo Chevrolet V-8 engines. Hundreds of these legendary small blocks have been sold both as complete, ready-to-install units as well as in kit form to performance-minded people for nearly a decade now. Utilizing all of the best individual components on the market, and painstakingly put together in the Banks Race Shop clean room by top pro engine builders, these spectacular, show-quality engines represent the ultimate in power, style, performance, and reliability. These super engines are available directly from Banks in a range of outputs from 600 to 1100 horsepower

See less See more
#5 ·
They will all be for sale as complete engines with full wiring harnesses and ecm's.

Hey Santa, Any of these will be just fine! I have been a good boy and think I deserve it! LOL!! I bet those are SPENDY!
Race engines are never cheap.

If they are only getting 600 hp out of a twin turbo supercharged DMax, think of what some of the guys on this site could get out of it with a little time, and an extra CP3 or two.
I just love it when internet "experts" chime in with statements like this. Never mind things like the duty cycle of the internal components or it's intercooling cooling capacity, let's just make more..... and risk blowing up a production MARINE engine in the middle of the ocean

#3 ·
Hey Santa, Any of these will be just fine! I have been a good boy and think I deserve it! LOL!! I bet those are SPENDY!

#4 ·
If they are only getting 600 hp out of a twin turbo supercharged DMax, think of what some of the guys on this site could get out of it with a little time, and an extra CP3 or two.

#7 ·
This is some of the most cutting edge technology out there for our beloved Duramax. It far from just adding fuel.

#8 ·
these r dream engine none of us poor people on here will ever be able to afford on these r prolly more then what i paid for my d maxx

#10 ·
I just love it when internet "experts" chime in with statements like this. Never mind things like the duty cycle of the internal components or it's intercooling cooling capacity, let's just make more..... and risk blowing up a production MARINE engine in the middle of the ocean
My bad. Didn't realize you had a stick up your ass. :neener

#17 ·
Looks good!

#19 ·
He was banned for a thread he posted about 3 weeks ago and like 4 of his threads he straight out asked for money or was implying donations, look up diesel tahoe in the search and read some of his threads you will see what kind of stuff he was posting

#22 ·
somebody bring me a towel.... i just creamed myself
i wanna hear how it sounds!! i bet its nasty

#24 ·
funny post you got me!! now will you please hurry up and briong me a towel??? :rof

#25 ·
ill take a the second one :drink

#32 ·
I do now!!
I was too busy counting turbos to notice the pulleys lol

#40 ·
yea too rich for my blood right now
too rich for my blood ever.you could build one bad motor for that much.
I guess you all missed the part where it says "and equipped with a universal wire harness, fuse block, and circuit breakers. This engine comes complete with a Banks AutoMind electronic diesel controller along with proprietary firmware that can be factory-tailored to a generic or custom calibrations."

#43 ·
Barker- you should have done this in your own forum so you could edit some of these retarded posts. Some of this chit is just over the top. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why someone that only knows enough about a diesel to use the right pump at the filling station would ethug on Banks for this stuff. I thought it was awesome of you to share this info.

#44 ·
If I could pick one project right now it would be to build a watercraft with that super-turbo diesel as the powerplant! very cool man and I agree the crate engine sounds reasonable to me included controllers and harnesses I agree you will drop just about the same if not more from dealer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.