Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does or has anybody heard about aftermarket exhaust for these?? i mean the tip is ugly but i heard that itsgoing to be "illegal" to remove the tip cause of the new emmision laws...... any thoughts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Give the aftermarket time to catch up. The trucks just got released. As far as that tip, it is to cool the exhaust when the truck goes into regeneration mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has the "super heater" tip that is suppose to burn off the "O-ZONE" harmful chemicals and not realse them into air... but the problem is that where the tip first spilts it gets to a temp that melts paint... so they added the wierd expanding tip so that the temp doesnt reach the paint:confused:

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
check with mbrp exhaust's i believe they have some products avalible for the LMM Duramax..

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
how about intakes and chips? has anyone heard if these are ready to go?
ppe has a hand held tuner and efi live is avalible for the LMM,i haven't heard about any cold air intake kits..

·
Registered
2 Posts
MBRP tech2 what kind of power gains can we expect from your new system, is the tail pipe one piece, any place we can see some pictures?

Thanks
Bearman

·
Registered
36 Posts
The extension pipe replaces the muffler. We're working on a DPF delete pipe to go with the system but it's still in the testing stage - I'll have to find out if a muffler is in the works too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts