Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm in the market for a duramax. Been lurking around the forum asking a few questions here and there. Probly been getting ahead of myself.

But I want some of your opinions. Strongly considering an lmm. I love the look they've got and just all together I love those. Only thing I hate is all the emission crap. If I went with an lmm I'm going to remove all of the emission stuff and delete the egr as well as re routing the pcv to help get my motor clean. Been told by a few people to get an 07 classic instead. What do you guys think? I'm strongly leaning towards an lmm though. Like an 07 or 08

Also I need to find a good diesel shop in Montgomery al. Anyone happen to know of any? Or know how I can go about to find one? The reason I ask is because I'm going to buy used and I like to have a mechanic look over them before I buy. I can check suspension and chassis stuff. But when it comes to the duramax engine I'm clueless. Or do you guys have some advice on checking out a truck or what to look out for?

I appreciate it!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm new here as well, and was looking at the same choice. I ended up deciding that the LMM wasn't worth the extra $8K+ for similar miles / Condition. I'm picking up my LBZ Thursday.

-Rob

·
Registered
665 Posts
Allot of guys recommend a 06 or 07. Less emission control stuff and has the Allison 6 speed.

I like my 2011 - wanted more towing capacity.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the more towing capacity. Although I'm not planning on pulling more than what the lbz can. It would be nice to be able to if I ever needed to.

I found a truck that already has a Mbrp exhaust with efi live tune (Econ 50hp). He also has 285 bfgs at's on it. It's an 07 lmm with 20k on it. Seller says it was used o tow a camper. Do you guys think this is a safe buy. He is asking. 37500 for it though. Seems kinda steep. And I was hoping to find a bone stock truck. What do yall think?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
665 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts