Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new clutch put in. The mechanic quoted me for 6 to 8 hours of work at $80 an hour. He then gave me a bill for $1500 and said it took 20 hours. I’ve driven over 1000 miles. Hoping it would get better…
After driving for extended amount of time on the highway when I go to exit the clutch pedal will stick to the floor . I literally have to pull it back up.
My old clutch was just as stiff as my parking brake the new clutch is soft and squishy now that I am paying more close attention to it I noticed the amount of movement is very small maybe one or 2 inches and smashed down to the floor

Any feedback will be much appreciated thank you

2002 6.6 L 2500 HD

·
Former GM Tech and parts
3,518 Posts
Did he break the pedal assembly when he was working on it? Is the fluid topped off correctly? Sounds like he definitely got something amiss in there, maybe didn't get it all bled? I think the clutch master and slave are supposed to be self-bleeding but.... Did he replace the slave or anything?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did he break the pedal assembly when he was working on it? Is the fluid topped off correctly? Sounds like he definitely got something amiss in there, maybe didn't get it all bled? I think the clutch master and slave are supposed to be self-bleeding but.... Did he replace the slave or anything?
I though he said the slave came with the clutch kit but it was internal I saw it it looked like a baffle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts