Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Powerstrokes in the past, and after my last forray with a sub-par 6.0L Powerstroke, I figured it was time to step up to a Duramax...FINALLY.
I've got a storied past so I won't go into that but after test-driving a few Duramax pickups, I was sold and bought a used 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD to use for work around my farm and ranch locations which are separated by 97 miles.
With the Duramax, I accomplished two things not only for myself but my wife and kid.
1) Their complaint with my F350 crew cab dually was how loud the interior was while driving, not to mention how damn loud it was outside of the truck even with a Magnaflow exhaust system.
With the Duramax, it's MUCH MUCH MUCH quieter inside and out. I've had a few people ask me if it really was a diesel. Mission accomplished on the noise levels.
2) Another complaint was the horrible ride. The F350 4x4 was crazy big truck crappy ride, bouncing and jouncing all over the road even when it was semi-smooth. Oklahoma doesn't have the best roads and I could compare its ride to an International low-boy I used to drive which would make anything JUMP out of the seat or cup-holder.
The Sierra 2500HD, while it does ride stiff, doesn't beat my family to death driving down the highway. So far, I wish I would have gotten into a Duramax years ago but I always heard horror stories about the early models and their injectors, which, when I bought my 6.0L Powerstroke, the jury was still out on the quality of that particular engine. My opinion, the 6.0L sucks.

Anyway, I'll use this Sierra to tow a travel trailer, a golf cart trailer, a stock trailer, trailer WITH my tractor and a horse trailer and so far, I'm averaging over 17mpg.
I'm looking forward to some exhaust and intake mods so I will be getting everyone's opinions on those as well as for some tuners like the SCT or Edge.
:gearjamin

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Registered
510 Posts
Welcome, while your looking around the forum, look into EFI-live. Best tuning for our trucks by far...

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Welcome:)

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Welcome to the DF !

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
:welcome