Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am sitting in the local truck shop having my bed cover put on, when a guy pulls up in his new 2011 Ram 2500 diesel. He over hears another customer and I chatting about tuning possibilities and just generally having a pleasant conversation about her new ford HD and my GMC HD. He says "oh, I have the new HO, it's 500hp and over 800 tq. Thing runs like a ravaged ape" I think, wtf, I haven't heard of this. So I go home, frantically look this up because I am a power freak and find out the guy has no idea what he's talking about. I got worked up over nothing. lol

Turns out, the HO was designed because the competition had stepped up their game, so Dodge came out with the HO to run competitive numbers with everyone else. The HO is rated at 390hp, and that's ONLY at highway speeds, otherwise it's something like 340hp. Not sure if the duramax is the same.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
the duramax is rated at 397hp. and again that doesn't surprise me..they add the letters "h.o" and it adds 400 hp /rolls eyes/

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Got to get a kick out of all the HP the letters H.O. add lol

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
OP you need a smart phone cause when someone says some stupid shit like that I immediately google it so that I can call him out with proof he is a moron...People like that will quickly stop talking to me and I prefer it that way....no since in having a convo with a complete moron who is talking out of his ass and have to listen to the bullshit he has heard a buddy of a buddy say about his truck that came stock with 6,000 hp and 8,500 ft/lbs of tq...... better to shut someone like him up right off the bat.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
OP you need a smart phone cause when someone says some stupid shit like that I immediately google it so that I can call him out with proof he is a moron...People like that will quickly stop talking to me and I prefer it that way....no since in having a convo with a complete moron who is talking out of his ass and have to listen to the bullshit he has heard a buddy of a buddy say about his truck that came stock with 6,000 hp and 8,500 ft/lbs of tq...... better to shut someone like him up right off the bat.
Will, it was 6,005 hp and 13,000 ft lbs.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
My mistake

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
No doubt, I had a co man that told me his LMM was pushing 750 horse, I said oh yeah what alls done to it? he told me an edge evo stacked with a ppe, and a 5in exhaust. it really had a 4in, he must think righands are all dumb. told him how it was bullshit, and he never talked his truck up again around me. turns out the edge was on lev. 0 and the ppe on 2. and a stock tranny. sounds like a 750 horse truck huh?

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
No doubt, I had a co man that told me his LMM was pushing 750 horse, I said oh yeah what alls done to it? he told me an edge evo stacked with a ppe, and a 5in exhaust. it really had a 4in, he must think righands are all dumb. told him how it was bullshit, and he never talked his truck up again around me. turns out the edge was on lev. 0 and the ppe on 2. and a stock tranny. sounds like a 750 horse truck huh?
Vroom vroom.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I was thinking around idk, 365+395+165=925 at the crank, so maybe 1000 to the wheels because it's got a stock Allison. They are the best. Oh and with an exhaust then it is probably 1100 rwhp

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I would have said "arrogance doesn't = HP bro"

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wel, after I got home I smacked myself...I had my iPad sitting in front of me at the shop because I knew I was going to need to kill some time. I could have just him keep talking as I looked it up.

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts