Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought '01 Chevy D-max and I love it! Everything is stock, air filter, exhaust and maybe chip/programmer are in the future. But for now I just want to service it and keep it in top notch shape. The truck has 130,000 miles and I would like to know the best oil to run in the D-max. Amsoil or Rotella? Syn or no synethic? I've always swore by Lucas products and would like to run that in the oil. Also I'd like to hear some feedback on air filters/intake systems, what does everyone prefer? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
first off welcome to the forum..good ?'s..on my 05 LLY S&B CAI,Rotella oil,Silverline exhaust and the PPE programmer and with all this done i increased my fuel economy by 4 to 5 mpg but with just the programmer,exhaust and the CAI i gained 3 to 4 mpg,i use to run the amsoil but switch to the rotella and my tranny seems to run cooler then it did with the amsoil but other then that both are a great product and i run synthectic all the way..for the exhausts i highly recommend the Silverline,MBRP,Volant and the Magnaflow but stay away from the aluminized systems go with the SS(stainless steel),Programmers well the best for the buck is Diablo but the best is the PPE..just my thoughts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I run Amsoil 15w-40 and have found it to perform the best based on oil analysis compared to Rotella 5w-40 syn, and Rotella 15w-40 dino. I have an LBZ, so I haven't messed with my intake, but I would definitely go with a dry filter (no oil).

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts