Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '05 Chevy 2500 with a 6.6. It has an Edge tuner EJC-1000A, K&N air intake, and a bigger exhaust (not sure what size). I am wanting to get better fuel mileage because when I drive home its 10hrs 600+ miles one way. I also want to get better towing out of it because I pull every now and then. I've heard talk about doing a "delete kit", but I'm not sure what that is. What do you all suggest? Also what are these two switches for next to the display? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
egr delete or blocker, efi live. easy on the go pedal!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you recommend for an EGR delete kit? And with the EFI Live, is that something I buy or take into a shop and have them do it?

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Sinister makes a good egr delete kit. and you can get EFI live from a bunch of different places. The most popular ones ive heard are "Idaho Rob" with atp trucks and Kory Willis with PPEI. There are alot of other people that do it and im not saying that others are inferior by no means, i only name these two because i know alot of people who have their set up and have no problems at all. I also am about to order my tunes from Rob. If you have any questions just call either of them and they will be more than helpful in explaining your options and whats best for your set up. Also having an LLY if it is not already done you will want to get an LBZ turbo mouthpiece. It has much better flow than the tiny factory LLY one. Read in my sig, the stuff i have done to my truck at this point are the "bolt on" mods that just help everything flow better. :thumb Hope this helps!

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you have any questions about PPEI or kory's tuning you can contact me at the office and I can give you the run down on what we have to offer to get the MPG's back up for Ya!

337-515-5128

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just bought an '05 Chevy 2500 with a 6.6. It has an Edge tuner EJC-1000A, K&N air intake, and a bigger exhaust (not sure what size). Also what are these two switches for next to the display? Thanks in advance.
Those two buttons on your edge tuner are cool, the top one ejects the secret wings and tail fin and the bottom one is for the jet rocket. Just be cautious cops don't like that feature to much! Just kidding not sure but would like to know also, this spring I plan on the full delete with a lift pump and thinking about the transgo Jr shift kit for the trans and yes I plan on using Korey for my tunes. Heard nothing but positive about his tunes but there are also a lot of other good programmers out there also. Just need to read the forum and go with who you think is the best choice for what you plan on using your truck for.

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Youre not gonna go wrong with either Rob or Kory. Im getting robs tunes and my buddy that has a V2 is getting Korys. Were gonna compare the two when we get em because we have similar mods on our trucks. Gonna be interesting to say the least. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the good information guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts