Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals. I have owned Gm products most of my life or at least since I've been able to drive. I have mostly dealt with the GM gas side of things and not much with Diesels.

Well my 07 trailblazer SS had some issues and left me and my wife with only one vehicle. So that got me to looking for a vehicle Asap. I have always wanted a diesel. So the time has come so I bought a used pickup last week.

2011 Silverado 2500HD LTZ with 77k on the clock. performance wise it is stock.
I'm the third owner. first owner had it for 12k miles second owner had it until 76k.

I bought it with the following small add-ons. B&W goose neck hitch,spray-in bed liner, lifted a bit, aftermarket 18", running boards and Dvd players installed in each rear head rest.

I have done the following. too factory door modelings off, removed Z71 badges, paint matched bith front and rear bowties.

Tomorrow it will get a new front windshield fully tinted 70%, then 5% tint all the way around. I also picked up 3 sets on Rigid Dually one D2 set and the other the regular flood duallys. Wanted to add a 20" rigid in the bumper but they are out of stock at my local shop.

Next up I would like to add a set of BMF Novakanes 20x10 with a new setof rubber.

Can any of you help me with what size lift this truck might have. the rear wheels well measures 46" from the ground to the top of the fender well. what size lift would that be?

Here is a few pictures. the current tire size is 285/75/18

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
welcome friend, nice truck. Looks like a 4" to me but hard to tell by the pics. What does the blocks measure in the rear?

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also a few other small thing I did was wrap all the fake wood interior pieces with 3M 3D carbon wrap. i cannot stand the wood look in these. so that had to happen asap.

after removing the door molding and paint matched vent visors and removed the z71 decals.

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Welcome to the DF, nice truck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Painted the removable inserts on the wheels from chrome to white. I like the use the factory color on a lot of the truck. front a rear bumpers with get matched at some point.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I measured the rear leaf block its 3". the front fender from the ground to the top of the fender well is dead on at 46 1/2 inchs and from the center of the wheel to the top of the front fender its 30"s dead on.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
WeLcOmE!!!!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Billings. Just a little bit aways from Fort Benton :D

Ya little bit of a trip. This site is badass and you can learn a lot in turn you will also want to spend a lot on goodies...ask me how I know. :gearjamin

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
993 Posts
Welcome Shawnss, I was going to guess GTF. Great looking rig!

·
Registered
993 Posts
And by the way, I really like the carbon fiber work. Wouldn't mind picking your brain at some point. I don't have the wood grain but I think it still looks nice...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.