Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I recently bought a 2012 Duramax and as I’ve been planning mods I’ve always found this forum to be informative and insanely helpful. I look forward to being here. So far I’ve just ordered new rims and tires and plan on getting the maxxsuspension leveling kit. Then delete the dpf and all that fun stuff

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your truck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Post a pic, no dick pics though.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
Howdy welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
10,709 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Hey everyone. I recently bought a 2012 Duramax and as I’ve been planning mods I’ve always found this forum to be informative and insanely helpful. I look forward to being here. So far I’ve just ordered new rims and tires and plan on getting the maxxsuspension leveling kit. Then delete the dpf and all that fun stuff
A word of caution on leveling kits. If your kit replaces the keys on the torsion bars so that you can crank them up and lift the front end higher, your ride quality, and the life of the CV shafts that are 300-500$ each will be greatly diminished. Your CV shafts should at rest be either parallel with the ground, or even slightly negative for best life and ride quality. If you want to properly level the truck, you should get a 6" lift, lower the back end with shorter blocks, and drop the front end down so you end up with a leveled truck on a 4" lift with good CV angles and a dropped diff. Theres been lots and lots of posts on here in the past with complaints of driving quality going to hell, and parts breaking on torsion key leveling kits.

Lastly, if you want to delete, you should do that yesterday and worry about the lift later. The EPA is cracking down hard on tuners and parts manufacturers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.