Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lurked around here a lot when I was shopping, and now I have a brand-new-to-me 2006 dMax crew cab 4x4. When I compare to other trucks, it seems the PO leveled the front. It has 285/75-16 tires.

2 questions:
1) How can I tell if it's "properly" leveled?

2) It looks really cool unloaded, but I actually want to lower the front a little since I tow a horse trailer a lot and it squats out of level. How much can I lower the front and still clear the tires?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
If the control arms look stock, more than likely he just cranked up the torsion bars. Slide under the truck and follow the T-bars back to the frame crossmember where they connect to and loosen the bolt to lower the front & tighten to raise. Its best to adjust the bolts with the front tires in the air so you don't snap on of the adjuster bolts. All the bolts to is change the preload on the keys that the T-bars connect to. Depending on how much you adjust the bars you'll likely need an alignment after.

You'll have to play with it to find the sweet spot where the tires wont rub when you lower it down

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/how-tos-diy-write-ups/22720-how-adjust-your-torsion-bars.html Here's a link that goes more into detail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts