Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have dsp5 on my truck right now. Some tunes I like, some I dont. For instance my econ tune is nice, but the throttle is so sensitve every time I hit a bump the truck takes off. Also, I feel like my race tune should have a little more to it, even with a stock trans. I guess my question is how much would it cost me to get some of Rob's or some other known tuner on here?? I have someone around me who has a v2 I can use. The problems I listed above are my main concerns. I def need a good econ tune so I'll probably be going with whatever tuner has the best known econ tune. I'd like to hear from not only the vendors but also ppl who are running their tunes and have personal opinions.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would give ATP a call brother. Just my opinion though and they should hook you up good. There great guys!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks. They are definitely top on the list.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
ATP is the best!

·
Registered
55 Posts
X3 atp.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol well this seems unanimous... I have a good tuner around here but he wants 700 still even with the switch installed and all. I know his tunes run well though as a couple of my buddies trucks have his tunes. Just don't wanna spend that much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have Nicks tunes from duramaxtuner.com and I love them. I have heard nothing but great things about robs tunes too. I get around 17.5 mpgs city and 21 hwy mpgs hand calculated on Nicks Street econ. tune. I love his tow tunes also. Low EGTS and turbo brake works great. Check out his website.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got my times from Rob @ ATP about 3 weeks ago and I am stol smiling. So far I have mainly used the economy tune (+80) and the +110 tunes. I saw maybe 1/2 mpg on 1 tankful on the economy tune. Right more I am seeing another +1 mpg on the 110 tune through a half tank.

Dash says 20.4 mpg and it is usually 0.5 mpg low from the calculation at the pump.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
181 Posts
X 100 for Robs tunes!

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
look in my sig ATP!!

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
dustin you gonna send me a sticker? i pm'd you a while back

·
Registered
55 Posts
<-----would like a sticker too.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Not sure about your tuner but don't they usually put some kind of lock or something so that you can't swap out tunes or something like that.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
ATP is good people. Custom tuning is the shizznit. But u gotta find someone that can custom tune the right way. Rob can do that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no you can change tuners as much as you want. just have to buy a new vin each time

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
for about half of the money that other tuner wants you can get robs tunes and a dsp switch assuming you can use that v1.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
my vote is for atp, and ur local tuner is out of his mind his price is stupid high and i would still rather have robs tuning that any local diesel guy that has tuned a few truck even if there price was half of robs

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
does atp's tunes come with a tcm tune as well?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts