Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New DSP5 setup

3K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  BigRedChevy2500 
#1 ·
Ok, so I have dsp5 on my truck right now. Some tunes I like, some I dont. For instance my econ tune is nice, but the throttle is so sensitve every time I hit a bump the truck takes off. Also, I feel like my race tune should have a little more to it, even with a stock trans. I guess my question is how much would it cost me to get some of Rob's or some other known tuner on here?? I have someone around me who has a v2 I can use. The problems I listed above are my main concerns. I def need a good econ tune so I'll probably be going with whatever tuner has the best known econ tune. I'd like to hear from not only the vendors but also ppl who are running their tunes and have personal opinions.

#2 ·
I would give ATP a call brother. Just my opinion though and they should hook you up good. There great guys!

#4 ·
X2

Sent from my DROIDX

#3 ·
Cool, thanks. They are definitely top on the list.

#7 ·
lol well this seems unanimous... I have a good tuner around here but he wants 700 still even with the switch installed and all. I know his tunes run well though as a couple of my buddies trucks have his tunes. Just don't wanna spend that much.

#8 ·
I have Nicks tunes from duramaxtuner.com and I love them. I have heard nothing but great things about robs tunes too. I get around 17.5 mpgs city and 21 hwy mpgs hand calculated on Nicks Street econ. tune. I love his tow tunes also. Low EGTS and turbo brake works great. Check out his website.

#9 ·
I got my times from Rob @ ATP about 3 weeks ago and I am stol smiling. So far I have mainly used the economy tune (+80) and the +110 tunes. I saw maybe 1/2 mpg on 1 tankful on the economy tune. Right more I am seeing another +1 mpg on the 110 tune through a half tank.

Dash says 20.4 mpg and it is usually 0.5 mpg low from the calculation at the pump.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

#10 ·
X 100 for Robs tunes!

#16 ·
ATP is good people. Custom tuning is the shizznit. But u gotta find someone that can custom tune the right way. Rob can do that.

#17 ·
no you can change tuners as much as you want. just have to buy a new vin each time

#19 ·
my vote is for atp, and ur local tuner is out of his mind his price is stupid high and i would still rather have robs tuning that any local diesel guy that has tuned a few truck even if there price was half of robs

#20 ·
does atp's tunes come with a tcm tune as well?

#24 ·
I have ATP dsp5 for a stock trans. I am very impressed at how much smoother the throttle feels. Great power on the 110 tune and fuel mileage if you can keep your foot out of it.

#25 ·
cool... guess im looking for pricing with the tcm tune.. can someone from ATP send me a PM?

#26 ·
SickDiesel posted a couple posts up, PM him... Dustin is the guy to talk to.

#27 ·
X2 on Dustin! And get some tunes from ATP with a little extra love

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.