Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hu Guys,

Yesterday I bought a almost new Duramax 3500 LTZ 2007. I will use it to tow a 48' trailer and I'm looking to get a programmer to get better fuel mileage...because I'll make around 30000miles/year with the trailer.

Any advice ?

Thanks

David

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
diablo or PPE..

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You would be best with the economy unless you are planning on upgrading the tranny. You will want to keep it on the lower level of the economy while you are towing anyway. I know xtremediesel.com has some good prices. I just looked and they are selling the PPE economy for 431 and the predator for 300. I have heard nothing but good things about the PPE programming, but I went with the predator because I got a really good deal on it used.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a brand new diablo predator in box if ya want

275.00 shipped
pm me if you are interested

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
if you go with the PPE go with the standard tuner verse the economy tuner and the reason i say thas is the standard tuner disables the egr and has lots of other cool fetures that the economy doesn't..

·
Registered
5 Posts
new to the Duramax world i was just wondering will this diesel last as long as my power stroke ei. 235,000 miles on a original drive train until i sold it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am wondering the same thing. I just bought a LMM , I have always ran Dodge Cummins combo for years and probably put 750k combined miles on the Cummins without ANY problems. My last Dodge I just sold had 299,850 on the clock. I really like Chevy trucks, but I just hope that the Duramax will be trouble free like the Cummins!! My new LMM is quiet, strong, just hope that it lasts a LONG, LONG time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockin

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i know of sevaral with 200k and 300k + and never a problem and thats runnin cross country with trailers..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts