What's the deal with the exhaust
Is there something you can do with the big can out the back
Is there a leveling kit for the front end
Suggested mods
what is the difference on the engine code everyone is referring to

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing! I love the new body styles, but I will have to add a leveling kit for sure and probably just get used to the new look of the oversized exhaust pipe sticking out the back end when I get mine. The warranty is void on the powertrain, I think, for removing the system due to the new governmental regulations. I love to see anyone's comments on the leveling kit if there are any.

·
Registered
121 Posts
cognito is a good leveling kit. not sure if they have one for the new 07s yet.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I got a new 2007 GMC Duramx 2500hd
What's the deal with the exhaust
Is there something you can do with the big can out the back
Is there a leveling kit for the front end
Suggested mods
what is the difference on the engine code everyone is referring to
i suppose you are referring to the all new gm body style or are you talking about the classic body style either or they have leveling kits and lift kits avalible but for the exhaust on the brand new ones well they don't have anything official avalible but i have seen sevaral with straights on them..look at the vin # and count the 8th didgit from right to left and if it is a
1=LB7 used 01 thru 04
2=LLY used 04.5 thru 05
3=LLY used 06
D=LBZ used 06 thru 07
6=LMM used 07.5 thru ?
let us know witch engine you have..
oh by the way welcome to the forum..

·
Registered
275 Posts
i think he meant from left to right:cool:
left --->right

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i suppose you are referring to the all new gm body style or are you talking about the classic body style either or they have leveling kits and lift kits avalible but for the exhaust on the brand new ones well they don't have anything official avalible but i have seen sevaral with straights on them..look at the vin # and count the 8th didgit from right to left and if it is a 1=LB7 used 01 thru 04
2=LLY used 04.5 thru 05
3=LLY used 06
D=LBZ used 06 thru 07
6=LMM used 07.5 thru ?
let us know witch engine you have..
oh by the way welcome to the forum..
sorry miss type..
It is a 7
what does that mean
sorry i meant left to right but while were on the subject you can tell what year vehical you have by using the vin # so if you count RIGHT to LEFT and the 8th digit if it is a ?
Y=00
1=01
2=02
3=03
7=07
and so on thru out the 2000's but in the 80's and 90's they used the abc's..
i think he meant from left to right:cool:
left --->right
thanks for correcting my miss type and for the record i meant left to right instead a right to left..thanks James

·
Registered
275 Posts
No problem. Just trying to help. I didn know the year thing so I have learned something new.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i think it's cool that all the truck info is in the vin # such as if it's made in USA the very first # will be a 1 and 2=Mexico but i forget the rest ofem..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its the lmm......
off road place told me today the could crank the torsion bolts and bring up 1.5" and not sacrifice ride.....sounds fishy

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
yes you can lift the front end with the T/Bars but it will affect the ride slightly but not really that noticable..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts