Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, in need of help or guidance. I have a 2001 gmc 2500hd, I got efi live from kory at ppei. It came preloaded in the v3. Hooked it up, read the stock tune, then did the full flash. Trucks runs great but now the a/c doesn’t work. They wanted my stock tune to build new ones off of that I guess, but I sent it to them and they said it was corrupt. So they said the only way to repair this is I had to take my truck to the dealer to get it reprogrammed, well dealer says they can’t get it to flash and it keeps giving them a code. So now I’m being told the only solution is a new ecm. Anything else I could try? Or best place to get an ecm that won’t take the rest of my money if that is my only option? Thanks all for any advice!

· Registered
7,493 Posts
If you can find a junkyard ECM where the truck is exactly the same as can be compared to yours, it will work. You may have to get around the security issues, but that can be done fairly easily.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can find a junkyard ECM where the truck is exactly the same as can be compared to yours, it will work. You may have to get around the security issues, but that can be done fairly easily.
Will that be guaranteed to work? Just curious since a generic stock tune was used for my efi live, but my truck didn’t seem to like it. Are these ecms that finicky?

· Registered
7,493 Posts
I read a post in the last week sometime on another forum- Duramax Diesels - that had ECM problems and the poster said to find used ECM from other similar truck and it will work, but will have a VATS problem, which can be fairly easily solved. No personal experience by me, but trucks roll off the assembly line, and the software on the ECM is basically the same, right? So why wouldn't it work?

· Registered
11,136 Posts
The lb7 ecms are very finicky. Can get a used ecm and flash in a new os, certain ones are more forgiving or have your tuner bench flash an ecm and send it to you. Guy at socal used to keep alot of lb7 ecms in stock and can unlock bricked ones but not sure how much of that he still does.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I would like to try to get my ECM to someone who may be able to reflash it to stock without buying another one. Is there anyone on here that anyone would recommend. Was gonna use diesel ecms but didn’t find a lot of good reviews......

· Registered
11,136 Posts
Guy at socal diesel. Give him a call

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a update in case someone comes across in a search. Ecm needed flashed, dealer couldn’t get in, sent my ecm to so cal and they received it, flashed it, and sent it back all in same day. Got ecm back and put in truck and everything works great!

· Registered
6 Posts
Hey all, in need of help or guidance. I have a 2001 gmc 2500hd, I got efi live from kory at ppei. It came preloaded in the v3. Hooked it up, read the stock tune, then did the full flash. Trucks runs great but now the a/c doesn’t work. They wanted my stock tune to build new ones off of that I guess, but I sent it to them and they said it was corrupt. So they said the only way to repair this is I had to take my truck to the dealer to get it reprogrammed, well dealer says they can’t get it to flash and it keeps giving them a code. So now I’m being told the only solution is a new ecm. Anything else I could try? Or best place to get an ecm that won’t take the rest of my money if that is my only option? Thanks all for any advice!
Iam in the same boat. I finally ordered a new ecm from stealth diesel programmers. I hope it works because I am getting ready to push my truck down a hill. 2003 chevy. Let me know if younfind anything else out, I have been looking for 4 months now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.