Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a dps5 switch and about 700hp on mostly stock equipment. I drove truck with intercooler disconnected. Not knowing it would damage something. It smokes heavily now. So i already had collected parts; 68mm cheetah turbo, 200 over injectors and stroker cp3. A few yrs ago. Since the truck is down i wanted to install these parts but have procrastinated so long that my current tuner has closed shop. He says it was due to new regulations. So am i not able to install the parts at all. I dont mind having some stupid egr still active. Its a 2007 classic with lbz. I dont have def or other new bs. Does anyone know someone to write tunes? I do have the handheld unit the old tuner was able to send me tunes and i downloaded. But he still has my factory tune. What can i do? Thanks

· Registered
2015.5 Silverado LTZ 3500 SRW
1,343 Posts
Start searching outside the US.
The EPA has tuners by the balls now.

· Registered
87 Posts
If you're not deleting anything you can find plenty of them. What the EPA is cracking down on is tuners who offer emissions defeating products and tuning. If you're running stock emissions there's no problem. An LBZ only has EGR and cats.

Contact PPEI. They're good guys over there and Kory Willis is one of the best tuners in the business

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.