Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Received a recall in the mail today, N192273630. The engine control module in these vehicles may not adequately diagnose or illuminate the CEL when frequent regeneration of the diesel particulate filter occurs

GM is currently working on a software repair... :mad1

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Am I the only one that has gotten one of these letters?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Dealer called me today to schedule replacing my block heater and install the emissions software update at the same time. They confirmed the software update is already available.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Dealer called me today to schedule replacing my block heater and install the emissions software update at the same time. They confirmed the software update is already available.
I wonder if the emissions update is for the same issue as the emissions 'recall' in the notice?

Recall notice says the re-program is not available. It's just notification that it is being being developed.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I wonder if the emissions update is for the same issue as the emissions 'recall' in the notice?

Recall notice says the re-program is not available. It's just notification that it is being being developed.
Here is a screenshot of my truck recall from the my chevrolet app. It also states the software fix is not available. I specifically verified on the phone with the service advisor they have the software update ... which they verified they do have the update available. We shall see ... when I get my truck back from the dealer a week from today (appointment next Saturday).

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
So if you get emissions recall expect CEL light to be on all the. Time like 2017 models. No thanks ........

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
So if you get emissions recall expect CEL light to be on all the. Time like 2017 models. No thanks ........
I think you are misunderstanding...

The problem is the reverse.
It doesn't notify at all for at least one conditions that it's intended to monitor for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the same thing. I am just afraid if I bring it in and get them to reprogram the ECM then later I may have to face some other issues that they mess with it. It has been trouble free for 19k already. Knock on the wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Supposedly its operating illegally as the CEL fails to illuminate for excessive regens. I need to know this why?
Wouldn't want to know if you're getting frequent regens? Seems like there'd be a problem if it is going in to excessive regens.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Considering the mileage sucks anyway and I'm on the edge of the emission warranty the only thing the CEL is going to tell me is to hit the bank for a loan to fix it . ( and get out the scanner I now carry on board )

We will continue to pray for hail in the mean time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had my truck in yesterday for the DEF regen frequency recall. Can't tell any difference in anything yet. Before, my truck would regen anytime it read over 63% on the insite monitor. Right now I'm setting on 44%, interested if the soot accumulation goes higher before regen now.

WC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts