Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got the recall in the mail yesterday.

But it says “General Motors is conduction a voluntary emission recall”.

Does that mean i dont have to take it in if i dont want to? Truck is running great with no issues in 11k miles. Hate for them to eff that up.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I've now received the 2nd notice as well, indicating the update is now available.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So if this gets updated, it could possibly put the truck into limp mode if it senses incorrect regen intervals? Anyone put much mileage on since getting this recall done?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fyi all of y'all are welcome 2 months my truck sat down because of this and another tsb on the secondary fuel rail. Made gm pay for it all and give me two months down time pay. Terrible experience love my truck but GM sucks. Took me threatening to a lead manager that I was going to haul the truck to Detroit and drop it off at their office with fuck gm written in spray paint all over the truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fyi all of y'all are welcome 2 months my truck sat down because of this and another tsb on the secondary fuel rail. Made gm pay for it all and give me two months down time pay. Terrible experience love my truck but GM sucks. Took me threatening to a lead manager that I was going to haul the truck to Detroit and drop it off at their office with fuck gm written in spray paint all over the truck.
Two months to do two tsbs?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I received the notice that the software fix is available. Has anyone had their truck updated yet?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I received the notice that the software fix is available. Has anyone had their truck updated yet?
I have . Haven’t drove it enough to see a difference . They did dent my fender in 4 spots tho in the process so that was great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
truck goes in on the 30th for the emissions recall and the rear window defroster recall

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just had this recall done during my second free oil change and tire rotation. No apparent difference in how the truck runs after the recall work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My Duramax is a 2018. I do not know what other years may be impacted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took mine in for this last week, and now to my surprise in got a new item in my dash info center - DEF remaining level percentage!

I have a 2018 Denali 3500HD, and before mine just said "Remaining Level OK* and no other indicator of how much I actually had left, which was always annoying. So now it looks like this:

Not sure if something else was updated to get this, but it's certainly a welcome addition.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts