Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to get a dpf delete system and was wondering with or without a muffler.
how loud is it w/o one? Any one wish they did or didnt put a muffler on?

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Are you married? We might like the sound of a loud exhaust, but I can tell you that my Wife and daughter hate it....Boys like it though....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. She did say something about my mud tires so no muffler might be lil too much.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I ran mine with a muffler the first year i had it then took it off. I think it sounds better w/o a muffler but it is quite a bit louder especially at highway speeds. If you decide to change your mind and wanna take the muffler off or put it on it takes like 20 minutes max to change it out. Unless you tightened the clamps too tight.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any vendors PM me a price. Plain dpf system WITH muffler.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have one on mine muffler that is. Only noisy at 1500 to 1600 rpms. Otherwise cant tell its any diff. I have MBRP 4in exhaust with the muffler. My wife has yet to complain.

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
A kit with a muffler will be less aggresive sounding. They take they edge off the loudness, but dont restrict flow at all. I usually suggest that customers go this route first, then add a delete pipe later if they feel they want it louder. Most end up keeping the muffler. If theres anything I can do to help, feel free to give me a holler.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats good news then and the one I was looking at getting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts