Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a FASS 150 fuel system installed on my truck last week, and the pump is very loud. I can hear it over the truck idling, and my truck has full deletes. Truck was primed twice before, and just did it again, and pump is still as loud. Can hear it casually driving with the radio down. Remembered hearing something about a FASS quiet mod? Are these pumps supposed to be ungodly loud? Definately made a difference as far as keeping my rails happy, get no dip in rail pressure at hard throttle, as well as pulling grades etc.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
mine is pretty quiet so I'd have to say something isn't right

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cracked filter as per their site, and didnt change volume. Still same sound.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The pump isn't touching anything is it

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just got a FASS 150 fuel system installed on my truck last week, and the pump is very loud. I can hear it over the truck idling, and my truck has full deletes. Truck was primed twice before, and just did it again, and pump is still as loud. Can hear it casually driving with the radio down. Remembered hearing something about a FASS quiet mod? Are these pumps supposed to be ungodly loud? Definately made a difference as far as keeping my rails happy, get no dip in rail pressure at hard throttle, as well as pulling grades etc.
I had the same problem chief. I installed the fuel sump, tried 3 different mounting locations, I mean you name it and it didn't work. I sold it and bought an air dog II 165. I even drove 8 hours round trip to another diesel shop along with taking the day off. They checked everything out and all was installed correctly.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
make sure you installed the rubber piece between the pump and the mounting bracket. I even added another and it got better. I notice too as it gets older it gets quieter, mine is not nearly as loud now after about 3 months as it was when it was brand new.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
make sure you installed the rubber piece between the pump and the mounting bracket. I even added another and it got better. I notice too as it gets older it gets quieter, mine is not nearly as loud now after about 3 months as it was when it was brand new.
What this guy said... ^^^^

Mine was pretty loud at first also. Now, I don't even notice it. I'm sure part of that is just getting used to the noise after a year of driving with it. But, it definitely seems quieter now that it is well broke in... :thumb

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Rubber sheets on all surfaces where the mount touches the frame and let it break in. Just what the others have been saying.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had the same problem chief. I installed the fuel sump, tried 3 different mounting locations, I mean you name it and it didn't work. I sold it and bought an air dog II 165. I even drove 8 hours round trip to another diesel shop along with taking the day off. They checked everything out and all was installed correctly.
Was the air dog II any quieter? do you like it better then the fass 150?

·
Registered
14 Posts
air dog II or fass? which is better quality?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
they are both pretty reputable companies/products. Both have lifetime warranty, etc. but i have heard FASS has little better/quicker customer service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've heard the same. The only thing that I see is a benefit is the adjustability of the pressure in the air dog.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Was the air dog II any quieter? do you like it better then the fass 150?
Night and day man!!!! I'm not kidding I spent around $1,000 trying to figure out the FASS, finally said eff this and sold it. Installed the air dog and you have to get under the truck to make sure it's even on is how quit it is!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just ordered an Air Dog II 165. Can not wait for it to get here and install it. I want to see if it makes that much of a difference.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just ordered an Air Dog II 165. Can not wait for it to get here and install it. I want to see if it makes that much of a difference.
Going to be a night and day difference in some mo powa fo sho! You'll love it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I installed the Air Dog 165 today. I have to say it does have a little better throttle response and at idle is a lot smoother. Barely can hear it running with the truck at idle standing outside by the bed. I have to say it was a good investment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just an update, added rubber piece, still as loud. They want me to check pump pressure at the port, and will go from there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts