Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already posted a thread about this but it gets a little confusing so I will simplify it here New filter heads with a filter and wif sensor are $139 from the dealer but they are on backorder right now. There is a few dealers that have them in stock. I am posting this as a bit of a warning to people thinking of spending over $200 on a rebuild or $270-360 on ebay. :booboo :gearjamin

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
thats awesome...but it does you no good if they are on backorder....that is why people get so much for them on ebay and other places. Did the dealer say how long it would be? Did you get the part number and see if gmpartsdirect.com has them in stock (fat chance, but worth a try)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My brother ordered it for me (he works at a body shop so I am getting it for $9?.??) So I didnt get a part number or a date on it but if you have a good dealer you could get them transferred from another dealer that has them in stock. Thats what they are doing for me.:rockin

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah not here in alaska...that is why I use gmpartsdirect.com Dealers up here are stealers....they screw you every chance they get since there arent many up here...there are only a couple and they dont know anything about customer service. (because they dont have to)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel your pain I lost my local dealer about 2 years ago now to find a dealer with a real diesel tech I have to drive 30 miles each way and they still are not as good as the local dealer was.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
yeah the only thing I use the dealer for is to get the part numbers and a quote on price if I cant find it through alldatadiy or elsewhere online.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it in last week. GM Part Number 12639448.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
$80 through gmpartsdirect.com. Shows list price of about $140. So did it fix your problem?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I replaced the lines a week ago and haven't gotten to replacing the filter head just yet but I haven't gotten it to act up either. Proubly will get it on there late this week yet. Cant work on it too often if I wanted to do that I woulnt have sold my ford.:rockin

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Anyone know if this filter head will work on LLY engines. Looks like a great price and I need this head. :D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts