Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New follower from Texas panhandle

532 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  xerobytez 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 2500HD that I use to pull 30’ 5th wheel. Only 120k miles and no problems. Interested in all topics especially this model. Any tips/suggestions are appreciated!

#2 ·
Are you aware of the intake flaw, corrected the following model year?
Vital upgrade for a towing rig, under $100.

#4 ·
100's of posts/threads on it.
Search
Turbo Inlet Duct
a.k.a.
Mouthpiece.

#5 ·
Welcome to the DF!

#6 ·
Welcome aboard.

#8 ·
Welcome to the forums! So you have an 05, which would be an LLY engine code. LLY's are notorious for a few things, biggest is head gaskets, especially if your towing. Red flags would be missing coolant, your low coolant light will keep coming on, and dirty coolant. Any of these keep happening you'll want to take it in and get the coolant system pressure checked, if that fails as well its likely a head gasket failure.

The other thing is the injector pigtails on cylinders #2 and #7 I believe were routed in a way that they can fail over time, causing an injector to intermittently miss or just stop working all together, you would notice this right away. Would be a big loss in power and engine would shake pretty bad, check engine light would come on as well. This is easily fixed though with some upgraded pigtail harnesses, relatively inexpensive fix.

About all I can think of, LLY's are great reliable trucks overall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.